Do we sack Rowett or does Chairman Mel walk

Gypsy Ram

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish people would stop going on about Mac would’ve turned it around and done better than Rowett. It’s irrelevant, and McClaren had the majority of this squad last season and after a good start where we rode our luck a lot we imploaded spectacularly. 

McClaren could not succeed in playing the way he wants to play with the players at his disposal. Rowett - exactly the same. The squad inherited by both is so far removed from the flowing footballing side we had in 13/14 and 14/15 it’s untrue.   Mac should have been given longer in my view, but I don’t think we would be in any better position if Mac had stayed as he wouldn’t have been able to make all the changes he wanted. He’d still have Johnson Butterfield Olsson Weimann Bent Shackell that he couldn’t get rid of that prevents him from getting the players he really wants. Hughes would still have said, I fancy a crack at the premier league. And now people would be saying Derby collapsed again, Mac is the common denominator, no bottle or steel. 

The spending spree before the 15/16 season is the crux of many of this squads failings. It failed Clement (although honestly he was a poor appointment and didn’t have a clue - im stunned he got another job!), it failed McClaren, it’s now failing Rowett unless they miraculously turn it around in next few games.

Until these players bought in the 15/16 season or just before (Carson aside) are gone, we will continue to fail regardless of who is manager. And we can’t get rid of them as no one wants them, as we’re paying market leading rates for them (according to Mr Dyche from 15/16). 

Changing the manager now will only add to our problems in my view. Rowett hasn’t had enough time. McClaren should’ve had more, we need stability. Rowett has proved he can manage on a budget, that’s what we need him to do and if we don’t move forward, then at least whoever he hands over to will have more of a clean slate to do something than either Rowett or McClaren or even Pearson had. 

4 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

And as @Moist One said. A much larger percentage of our money goes into the club. It's time to wake up.

Just because someone else said it, does not change the fact that it's complete ********. 

I would guess that MM is into DCFC to the tune of about £150m

So unless your season ticket and replica kit represent about a huge % of your net worth I would imagine that statement is complete ********

15 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just because someone else said it, does not change the fact that it's complete ********. 

I would guess that MM is into DCFC to the tune of about £150m

So unless your season ticket and replica kit represent about a huge % of your net worth I would imagine that statement is complete ********

It cost Tony Bloom £200 million to get Brighton promoted - I bet Gibson (Boro) has spent a similar amount.

17 hours ago, Yani P said:

Any other business he would be sacked for gross incompetence

Football seems to have different rules..

Yes it's sport and a bit less predictable than a production line churning out tinned peas. Just my view of course :whistle:

17 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

In sorry but he has signed these ageing players 

Understood. I wasn't defending GR. Just making the point that even with the players he signed, he wouldn't have envisaged the shambles of the past couple of months. For example, Huddlestone and Davis aren't players previously associated with spineless, inept performances. Something very strange happening at DCFC over the past few seasons. Can't put my finger on it, and it seems I am not the only one....

4 minutes ago, europia said:

Understood. I wasn't defending GR. Just making the point that even with the players he signed, he wouldn't have envisaged the shambles of the past couple of months. For example, Huddlestone and Davis aren't players previously associated with spineless, inept performances. Something very strange happening at DCFC over the past few seasons. Can't put my finger on it, and it seems I am not the only one....

I think Davies  has been one of our best players this season let’s face it he’s had plenty of defending to do with that static central midfield in front of him.

Archived