Burton Albion v Derby County

Day

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I can't if I'm honest but we've got to put a bit of faith into someone. Some's got to be given a good couple of years to sort this squad out and get a team which is 100% his. 

You’re backing the wrong horse mate. This man is the worst manager we’ve had since Jewell and he will take us nowhere. Dreadful football, clueless tactics, piss poor transfer dealings on the whole and no ability to motivate a ragbag bunch of journeymen and hasbeens, a number of whom the manager brought in himself . 

We need him gone or it will midtable mediocrity in front of 20,000 at PP next season.

1 minute ago, Davide said:

You obviously haven’t been  a fan that long 

The team that went down under Peter Taylor was the worst one I've seen.

Now currently out of the play offs. Our obsession to trim the squad (Martin, Russell, Bent) has combined with injuries and loss of form to the point where we have no options to freshen things up and bring energy and endeavour

Another wasted opportunity this season. 

This has to rank as our most shameful end of season collapse, plaudits to Gary, that is no easy achievement. We're hitting new lows. The embarrassment hurts. If we'd smashed them today and lost 0-1 you could lick the wounds, this is really painful.

12 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Can't believe the thought of sod this, let's give Wassall another go has crossed my mind.

Sod it, why not. Try something new. Can't stand this utter dross.

He ok in all reality

11 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Sorry, GR after 12 months this is as bad as NP, and PC .Resignation on the desk please.

Style of play is but both of them had lots of money and wasted it on a lot of the rubbish we have available although Rowett paid £1.5 million on Jerome and wanted him as his number one forward last summer - sad 

Just now, Jayram said:

You’re backing the wrong horse mate. This man is the worst manager we’ve had since Jewell and he will take us nowhere. Dreadful football, clueless tactics, piss poor transfer dealings on the whole and no ability to motivate a ragbag bunch of journeymen and hasbeens. 

We need him gone or it will midtable mediocrity in front of 20,000 at PP next season.

I think Mel's is in a difficult position. 

He was overly hasty multiple times - realised that, and then appointed Rowett. 

None of us can genuinely know if Rowett could become good for us, but its certainly not looking like he is - but sacking him now means if the next appointment isn't SO good that the team can start really performing without much work financially, we'll be ******* as a club for a while. 

Not saying we won't be ******* sticking with GR - but it's an incredibly tough call for Mel. 

Archived