Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

RiddingsRam

I think Bolton have, at times this season, been better than their lowly place in the table would have you believe. 

Theres still a fragility to us that could be exposed by them. But if we stick to the team we had v Preston and just nullify them for 60mins then I think we will win 2-0. I’m not one for usually bashing the fans vocal discontent, but if we are all booing at a boring 0-0 come half time and start getting on our boys backs for not being Man City, then that won’t do anyone any good.

Seeing as this is the first home game since Sunderland -let’s collectively see this as being like the first time you go to bed with Scarlett Johansson after she’d cheated on you with an entire Rugby Team in a drunken night out. Sure you’re mad with her. You’re hurting - there’s no shame in a few tears.... But she’s back with you now and you just have to put all that behind you.....

Lets hope for steady, stable performance on the road back to happier times. ??

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/04/2018 at 13:23, David said:

You get the job done, keep your places, can’t argue with that. 

We can and have played much better than we did v Preston on Saturday, hopefully the result will give them that bit of confidence to go and play more comfortably. 

Bolton have only won once on the road this season, this really would be a chance to make ammends for Friday in front of a home crowd with a dominant performance to match the result. With Millwall playing Bristol City this could be a chance to start building that gap again with a handy draw there.

Be nice if Forest can play their part away to Boro as well.

I’m sure Karanka would love to get one over his old employer.

44 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Seeing as this is the first home game since Sunderland -let’s collectively see this as being like the first time you go to bed with Scarlett Johansson after she’d cheated on you with an entire Rugby Team in a drunken night out. Sure you’re mad with her. You’re hurting - there’s no shame in a few tears.... But she’s back with you now and you just have to put all that behind you.....

Love it - as long as it is not the rugby team I play for !!

43 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

I think Bolton have, at times this season, been better than their lowly place in the table would have you believe. 

Theres still a fragility to us that could be exposed by them. But if we stick to the team we had v Preston and just nullify them for 60mins then I think we will win 2-0. I’m not one for usually bashing the fans vocal discontent, but if we are all booing at a boring 0-0 come half time and start getting on our boys backs for not being Man City, then that won’t do anyone any good.

Lets hope for steady, stable performance on the road back to happier times. ??

I know we're probably still a little fragile but, I would hope we're going to aim to do more than nullify Bolton (at home) for 60 minutes. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Look at the link I posted earlier in this thread and that Mr Tibbs dismissed.

Not really, my last sentence pretty much agree's.

My issue is your trying to prove a point giving one game as an example when said game was over 6 months ago. How that has any relevance to how we're playing now I'm not quite sure. Why didn't you use the Preston game on Monday? 

1 hour ago, Dethorn said:

Love it - as long as it is not the rugby team I play for !!

Don’t tell me you’ve slept with them as well

2 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Not much substance from one game, Pimp. 

That would be like posting up the 5-0 win at Yeovil and arguing Clough Jnr was never negative away from home. 'Told you so' posts don't really work with 1 game of a 46 game season as evidence. 

The away fixture was a good result and good performance. No question about that.

They do work if it’s to show up the argument that we only play hoofball,,,

do we have any good tech people on here who could put together one of those u tube like clips showing all our goals scored this season so we can see how many are the result of hoofball and how many are well crafted goals ,, that would be one very interesting clip 

24 minutes ago, archied said:

do we have any good tech people on here who could put together one of those u tube like clips showing all our goals scored this season so we can see how many are the result of hoofball and how many are well crafted goals ,, that would be one very interesting clip 

Why not watch these 

46 minutes ago, archied said:

Has anyone ever said we haven't played well at times this season? That we've not scored any decent goals? As far as I can see you're answering you're own dig there, nobody has said that. Not sure what a highlights reel will really prove. The best bits of a teams season are always going to be good, surely? They're a small sample of the 90 minutes we watch every week. 

Back to the initial point, picking one game where a couple of decent goals have been scored 6 months ago doesn't represent a good argument to counter our current performances and tactics IMO. If that's just me then fine. 

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Not really, my last sentence pretty much agree's.

My issue is your trying to prove a point giving one game as an example when said game was over 6 months ago. How that has any relevance to how we're playing now I'm not quite sure. Why didn't you use the Preston game on Monday? 

My point is that the team are capable of playing passing football and the clip from 6 months ago proves it. I would like to see more of it. I just think quite a few have got it in their heads that we hoof all the time. In truth we don't.

55 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Has anyone ever said we haven't played well at times this season? That we've not scored any decent goals? As far as I can see you're answering you're own dig there, nobody has said that. Not sure what a highlights reel will really prove. The best bits of a teams season are always going to be good, surely? They're a small sample of the 90 minutes we watch every week. 

Back to the initial point, picking one game where a couple of decent goals have been scored 6 months ago doesn't represent a good argument to counter our current performances and tactics IMO. If that's just me then fine. 

Just an interesting question to see what percentage of our goals are scored from hoofs and how many are well made goals ,being as we are scoring a decent amount for the division it may or may not show that there’s more to us than just hoof ball as many claim? I honestly don’t know whether it will show we score most from hoofs Or not but surely it would hold some value ,,, 

35 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

My point is that the team are capable of playing passing football and the clip from 6 months ago proves it. I would like to see more of it. I just think quite a few have got it in their heads that we hoof all the time. In truth we don't.

They are capable, like Derby County were capable of winning Premier League games on the evidence of beating Newcastle 1-0. :lol: Doesn't mean it happens every week.

I don't know, it's just been few and far between as far as performances like that go. Struggling to think of the last time we played well like that. Birmingham away maybe? Ipswich away was similar. Could've had a lot more than two goals. We're talking 3/4 months ago though, everything in-between hasn't been anywhere near those standards. 

That period from Forest to Xmas we played well but we've progressively got worse for one reason or another. 

11 minutes ago, archied said:

Just an interesting question to see what percentage of our goals are scored from hoofs and how many are well made goals ,being as we are scoring a decent amount for the division it may or may not show that there’s more to us than just hoof ball as many claim? I honestly don’t know whether it will show we score most from hoofs Or not but surely it would hold some value ,,, 

Not sure I agree but whatever floats your boat. I'm sure if you put Stoke's or Cardiff's highlights up they'll show they don't score from hoofing the ball in the main. I bet even Bradley Johnson's personal highlights are pretty good, they won't show him lofting balls that hang in the air for 20 minutes a time on there. I don't think you're going to get a balanced view.

I’m heading into Derby tomorrow and just after a heads up on which area I should buy a ticket for if the weather is going to be a bit dodgy. Because this is the first home game I’m going to, I was thinking about shouting myself a ticket to the Pedigree suite, but I would much prefer to be out with the fans. Also, I’m coming from the premier inn opposite the hospital in west Derby and wondering the best way to get there and back. Might have to get a cab. I’m over from Brisbane so don’t have much of an idea on your public transport. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

14 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

They are capable, like Derby County were capable of winning Premier League games on the evidence of beating Newcastle 1-0. :lol: Doesn't mean it happens every week.

I don't know, it's just been few and far between as far as performances like that go. Struggling to think of the last time we played well like that. Birmingham away maybe? Ipswich away was similar. Could've had a lot more than two goals. We're talking 3/4 months ago though, everything in-between hasn't been anywhere near those standards. 

That period from Forest to Xmas we played well but we've progressively got worse for one reason or another. 

Not sure I agree but whatever floats your boat. I'm sure if you put Stoke's or Cardiff's highlights up they'll show they don't score from hoofing the ball in the main. I bet even Bradley Johnson's personal highlights are pretty good, they won't show him lofting balls that hang in the air for 20 minutes a time on there. I don't think you're going to get a balanced view.

Not on here?

4 hours ago, Stagtime said:

I’m heading into Derby tomorrow and just after a heads up on which area I should buy a ticket for if the weather is going to be a bit dodgy. Because this is the first home game I’m going to, I was thinking about shouting myself a ticket to the Pedigree suite, but I would much prefer to be out with the fans. Also, I’m coming from the premier inn opposite the hospital in west Derby and wondering the best way to get there and back. Might have to get a cab. I’m over from Brisbane so don’t have much of an idea on your public transport. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Buy a ticket in the upper tier of any stand you fancy and you won't get wet. East Stand probably gets more rain than the others as the prevailing wind is from the south west.

If you want to spot a few club faces then West Stand is the best but not much atmosphere in there. I hear SW corner is good but never been there. 

Sorry , I can't help with transport tips as we travel in by car. Can anyone else help?

Enjoy your first game - hope we win for you! 

Archived