Sportscene Talk-in with Rowett

Day

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I'd like to ask what he puts this bad run down to. 

Luck? Injuries? Tactical/selection errors? Players not following instructions? Has the mood been effected? Jan window? 

I'd like to know what he's doing to put it right. But you can't really say that without sounding like a tit. Has he tried to do anything to stop the slide or is it a case of keep doing what we were doing to get to 2nd

I'd phrase it such as why were you unable to replicate the consistency which saw us get to 2nd in the table throughout February and March.

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Likewise most posters would not admit that their preconceived ideas of what has led to our bad run may be wrong...

Possibly, however other posters or my preconceived ideas are irrelevant,  no matter what manager was asked the question they wouldn’t highlight any failings on their part.  

The point is that it’s a question that he will give a standard response to, for me the questions that would be of most relevance would be around where we finish this season and the progress made or not, whatever the case may be. 

He’s right in that his management team in their other jobs have produced advancement every season. People tend to forget that he is doing ok with his tenure here and he isn’t actually responsible for anything that went before. 

41 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Ramage coming across worse than any callers so far.

Thought it was a call in, hardly been any calls so far as Ramage keep asking the questions he wants to ask.

If you only tell the public 60 minutes before broadcast that Rowett is on and you want callers then it gives people little chance to call (how many actually follow radio derby on twitter, who need to look between 5-6 etc etc etc)

Either Derby’s media team have played a blinder there and given Rowett an easy time or Radio Derby have played a shocker 

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

If you only tell the public 60 minutes before broadcast that Rowett is on and you want callers then it gives people little chance to call (how many actually follow radio derby on twitter, who need to look between 5-6 etc etc etc)

Either Derby’s media team have played a blinder there and given Rowett an easy time or Radio Derby have played a shocker 

I didn't know that, to be honest I didn't think there would be one this week so it's a fair comment.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

What did Derick ask?

There was a Derek that called in. I think he asked what the point of getting irate with the 4th official was..

Not 100 percent on that though,  might have been why does it go downhill every year in February 

30 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

The tweet I posted was made at 2pm, I only saw it an hour before, not been on Twitter much today, surprised nobody else put it up

9 minutes ago, David said:

The tweet I posted was made at 2pm, I only saw it an hour before, not been on Twitter much today, surprised nobody else put it up

Ah everything I saw was posted out at 5. Point still stands that not everyone is on social media etc so can’t expect everyone to know. Hence not a great pool of questions, especially considering many don’t appear to listen to the phone in anymore or at least don’t keep up to date 

The Monday night phone-in used to be a 'must listen' when Colin Gibson used to host it. Now I just don't bother and wonder how the listening figures compare with 4 or 5 years ago. Wouldn't surprise me if they've plummeted - on the very rare occasion I've had it on most of the callers just seem to like to hear themselves on the radio!

What was he wearing, what did he do with his hair and ermmmm what was he drinking?.....anyone remember the radio in the good old days? tune it in, enjoy the crackles and let your imagination drive you wild!!!.......ohhhh I think he's all in black!

Up The Rams.

D.C.F.C. Love, Life & Unity.

5 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

What was he wearing, what did he do with his hair and ermmmm what was he drinking?.....anyone remember the radio in the good old days? tune it in, enjoy the crackles and let your imagination drive you wild!!!.......ohhhh I think he's all in black!

Up The Rams.

D.C.F.C. Love, Life & Unity.

Love Unlimited, Life & Unity. Ahh Lulu, I've gone all funny.

Sith Happens
Just now, LesterRam said:

Does he prefer Y fronts or boxers?

He was asked but refused to answer, he said it was a pants question. 

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

The Monday night phone-in used to be a 'must listen' when Colin Gibson used to host it. Now I just don't bother and wonder how the listening figures compare with 4 or 5 years ago. Wouldn't surprise me if they've plummeted - on the very rare occasion I've had it on most of the callers just seem to like to hear themselves on the radio!

I concur with this..... about myself 

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

The Monday night phone-in used to be a 'must listen' when Colin Gibson used to host it. Now I just don't bother and wonder how the listening figures compare with 4 or 5 years ago. Wouldn't surprise me if they've plummeted - on the very rare occasion I've had it on most of the callers just seem to like to hear themselves on the radio!

Ramage & Dawes aren't what you would call broadcastings finest.... 

Archived