Sportscene Talk-in with Rowett

Day

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to ask what he puts this bad run down to. 

Luck? Injuries? Tactical/selection errors? Players not following instructions? Has the mood been effected? Jan window? 

I'd like to know what he's doing to put it right. But you can't really say that without sounding like a tit. Has he tried to do anything to stop the slide or is it a case of keep doing what we were doing to get to 2nd

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'd like to ask what he puts this bad run down to. 

Luck? Injuries? Tactical/selection errors? Players not following instructions? Has the mood been effected? Jan window? 

I'd like to know what he's doing to put it right. But you can't really say that without sounding like a tit. Has he tried to do anything to stop the slide or is it a case of keep doing what we were doing to get to 2nd

For me I think its a valid question if posed in the correct way. If I was asking I would just ask simply 'What do you put the recent run of results down to?'. I wouldn't preempt his response with ones of my own as that makes it look like I am just trying to tell him what I think the run is down to. There is no harm in probing further, asking if he would do anything differently etc....

I think this is the issue with many questions that are asked, when you read the the suggested questions for the charter meeting some of them were a question but also with an answer wrapped up within the question that the poster thinks is the right answer.

For me smart comments like the 'milk turns quicker' statement in a previous meeting just do nothing to facilitate a constructive discussion.

I think Gary is a fairly honest sort of bloke and asked a question in the right way even if challenging would give a reasonable response.

Well Gary you have sold or loaned out quality players which with minor tweaks looked capable of being at least in a similar position to where we are now .

What drives your belief that we needed to change the system /personnel when it would have on the surface to take the other route ? 

GR is not going to admit any failings on his part, he won’t say that the downturn is the result of a disastrous January window, or that it’s because his inability to influence games by changing the formation to suit the players he has left at his disposal for example.  His reply will be the standard, rub of the green, we are playing better than results etc etc...

He will make a great pundit as he talks a good game, however this question won’t tell us anything as the response will be standard.

7 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

GR is not going to admit any failings on his part, he won’t say that the downturn is the result of a disastrous January window, or that it’s because his inability to influence games by changing the formation to suit the players he has left at his disposal for example.  His reply will be the standard, rub of the green, we are playing better than results etc etc...

He will make a great pundit as he talks a good game, however this question won’t tell us anything as the response will be standard.

Nobody's forcing you to listen.

Sith Happens

Ramage coming across worse than any callers so far.

Thought it was a call in, hardly been any calls so far as Ramage keep asking the questions he wants to ask.

36 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Likewise most posters would not admit that their preconceived ideas of what has led to our bad run may be wrong...

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Likewise most posters would not admit that their preconceived ideas of what has led to our bad run may be wrong...

This...... very much this.

Archived