The New England

archied

Yep England manager job = poison chalice

derby manager job.           = poison chalice

we don’t have a cat in hells chance of getting the stability needed at our club to build and progress ,

sitting second and the manager slated by sections of fans or hiding ready to spring to slating action 

a poor by the standards set results wise run of some draws and a couple of losses , a draw away from home and we are seeing the calls for the managers head ,,,, sad state of affairs , let’s just change managers every year in the hope we drop lucky 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The vociferous members of the Rowett out brigade were largely sulking in churlish silence with their arms folded when we were at the dizzying heights of second in the league, now that we have dropped back to 5th (I mean 5th is a terrible position to be in isn't it) then their gnashing and wailing's have become more audible.  T

They were happen to suffer in silence tolerating Rowett's brand of "anti-football" whilst we were getting results but when things don't go the way they want then they stamp their feet and want another manager in. Just like the school playground dealing with a bunch of petulant, over entitled kids.

33 minutes ago, Davide said:

Rowett IN

lets save our season and reach the playoffs. Fans need to do more too, not just Rowett. Players need to stand up and be counted. Fans need to stop constant moaning at Pride Park. Some fans around me in east have never said anything positive they just shout abuse at our own players. 

It's all around. South stand too. I moved to the south stand as I thought the atmosphere would be better. I'd go as far as saying the negative comments are worse.

57 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

The vociferous members of the Rowett out brigade were largely sulking in churlish silence with their arms folded when we were at the dizzying heights of second in the league, now that we have dropped back to 5th (I mean 5th is a terrible position to be in isn't it) then their gnashing and wailing's have become more audible.  T

They were happen to suffer in silence tolerating Rowett's brand of "anti-football" whilst we were getting results but when things don't go the way they want then they stamp their feet and want another manager in. Just like the school playground dealing with a bunch of petulant, over entitled kids.

Is there really a Rowett out brigade and was there a silence? I remember lots of discussion about ‘not putting all his eggs in one basket’ and people being unsure how long it’ll last in Nov, Dec and Jan. I’ve not seen an actual group of people saying  Rowett out, the comments are mostly explaining what they don’t like which I think is now relevant.

Besides do I really need to pick sides once again? I don’t particularly want him sacked but also would currently feel quite meh if it did happen. Would rather Rowett sees the problems, put his hands up about what’s gone wrong on his side and look to sort it out but I’ve no longer got the confidence he sees it.

Tuffluff an hour ago :-

“Would rather Rowett sees the problems, puts his hands up about what’s gone wrong on his side and look to sort it out but I’ve no longer got the confidence he sees it.”

Me neither, I just don’t think his managerial career and footballing philosophy contain the seeds of achieving long term success with adventurous, entertaining, tactically flexible football, incorporating the skilful and tactically aware Chris Martins and Will Hughes of this world; and (becoming increasingly obvious) incapable of harnessing the young and  talented players coming through our academy .. but preferring instead the (one and a half million pound) Cameron Jerome option ! 

1 hour ago, archied said:

Yep England manager job = poison chalice

derby manager job.           = poison chalice

we don’t have a cat in hells chance of getting the stability needed at our club to build and progress ,

sitting second and the manager slated by sections of fans or hiding ready to spring to slating action 

a poor by the standards set results wise run of some draws and a couple of losses , a draw away from home and we are seeing the calls for the managers head ,,,, sad state of affairs , let’s just change managers every year in the hope we drop lucky 

Maybe the gypsy curse is still around? 

I heard it was only lifted for the FA cup but that we would forever be bottlers in the new millennium every February. 

2 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Personally I Don’t mind the gnashing and wailing so much ,it’s the happy to see us not win from them that tells me what I need to know ,

32 minutes ago, archied said:

Personally I Don’t mind the gnashing and wailing so much ,it’s the happy to see us not win from them that tells me what I need to know ,

Archied,I haven't seen anyone say they were glad we haven't won....

As you know,I've never been a rowett fan and I've said that since early in the season and through his "good" patch but I would never want us to lose.

I go to as many matches as I can,pay my rams tv subscription as before and never miss a match on the radio if I can help it.

I support our players,Mel and the club to the hilt.

I suspect most of Rowetts knockers are the roughly the same......but they have the right,as were the vehement anti Mac fans back in the day who annoyed me,to disagree with Rowetts decisions and resulting performances.

It doesn't mean they don't support the club....it probably means the opposite or they wouldn't bother to post.....it shows passion.

Apathy would be the absolute worst thing in my opinion....when the fans don't care anymore,we really need to worry.

3 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Sorry but don't agree with this.

Don't include myself in this, but quite a few have remained consistent with their views even when we were sat in 2nd.

3 hours ago, Inglorius said:

You need to go back and read some posts. Some of us have always disliked Rowettball and said so.

20 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

How long does a manager get Roy?

Personally, I think 2 full seasons is fair and if no success/improvement has been achieved then get a new manager.

As it stands Rowett has us in a better position to the one we finished last season.

Would you have given Pearson and Clement two full seasons? How long did Jimmy Jewell get?

They should get as long as it takes to become apparent that they either do or don't know what they're doing ie as soon as they start talking about 'needing men out on the pitch' and guff like that you know they've lost or never had it - time to go! :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Archied,I haven't seen anyone say they were glad we haven't won....

As you know,I've never been a rowett fan and I've said that since early in the season and through his "good" patch but I would never want us to lose.

I go to as many matches as I can,pay my rams tv subscription as before and never miss a match on the radio if I can help it.

I support our players,Mel and the club to the hilt.

I suspect most of Rowetts knockers are the roughly the same......but they have the right,as were the vehement anti Mac fans back in the day who annoyed me,to disagree with Rowetts decisions and resulting performances.

It doesn't mean they don't support the club....it probably means the opposite or they wouldn't bother to post.....it shows passion.

Apathy would be the absolute worst thing in my opinion....when the fans don't care anymore,we really need to worry.

Kash we debate derby issues back and forth and although we don’t always agree with each other I’m sure we nudge each other’s opinions towards some middle ish ground ,through those differing opinions I never get the vibe that you are anything other than pure DCFC and take no pleasure in us going through a poor patch , I can’t say that for all though and there are some who very clearly if not openly stating do relish the not so great results so they can grind their axe ,,, i don’t give a flying fxck who’s manager or who’s in the team I just want some success for derby so we can get some prem money on board fast so we can compete at a higher level ,even if we get tanked and come right back down we benefit hugely in terms of building and ffp ceilings , we have ten games to have a tilt at promotion this season and that’s all I care about at this point so I’m totally gutted when we don’t win , sorry but there are those who are clearly just interested in Mac rowett Martin ince hughes ******** and would prefer us to drop to mid table rather than go up 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Would you have given Pearson and Clement two full seasons? How long did Jimmy Jewell get?

They should get as long as it takes to become apparent that they either do or don't know what they're doing ie as soon as they start talking about 'needing men out on the pitch' and guff like that you know they've lost or never had it - time to go! :thumbsup:

Pearson yes ,, clement would never have employed in the first place ,

become apparent to who? 

Was it apparent that wassell ( though nice bloke that he may be) didn’t have it after Rotherham ? Did it become so apparent that he needed a hand holder that we brought in redknapp, now you say sack rowett and bring in wassell who is the apparent hand holder for him now redknapp not up to it ,,, his dog perhaps ? 

Archived