Kasey Palmer and Vydra

B4ev6is

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

I think Vydra will start on the bench on Saturday. He'll scare the xxxx out of them coming on when they're tired!

Be no good if we’re already losing. Dunno if he’ll be fully fit but if he is then he starts, you don’t leave your best forward on the bench.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Be no good if we’re already losing. Dunno if he’ll be fully fit but if he is then he starts, you don’t leave your best forward on the bench.

I know what you mean, but I think it's quite likely it will happen. The problem last Saturday was not in attack.

On 2/28/2018 at 22:18, PistoldPete2 said:

I think Palmer and Lawrence on the wings would put a bit of pressure on the full backs who arent doing so well as it is. Maybe a few more 3-3 draws to come?l

Hopefully Wisdom can come in and bounce a few wingers into the advertising boards. That'll solve our defensive problems.

As exciting as it sounds to have Lawrence, Vydra and Palmer all on the pitch - I think it will be a nightmare. 

You need an outball - one where the attackers run in behind. Only Weimann offers that. 

The other three want ball to feet all the time and don't give you the option of in behind. The knock of effect will be on Huddlestone who has limited options. 

More long ball, less possession as it comes back at us from a good Fulham team etc 

Currently our two best attacking players and we need to win games get them both in i say. 

Whilst its not been his best role there is no reason why we cant play Vydra up top he essentially plays in a two anyway when we are on the attack.

Why would you not play one of the leagues top goalscorer and your best playmaker. We need to win vs QPR so why not try and smash them away in the first 45.

If it isnt working just change it. Cant be any worse than the last few games.

6 hours ago, kingsy1884 said:

Currently our two best attacking players and we need to win games get them both in i say. 

Whilst its not been his best role there is no reason why we cant play Vydra up top he essentially plays in a two anyway when we are on the attack.

Why would you not play one of the leagues top goalscorer and your best playmaker. We need to win vs QPR so why not try and smash them away in the first 45.

If it isnt working just change it. Cant be any worse than the last few games.

Yep spot on got to try it personally I would put Palmer up front If you check his videos for Chelsea u23 h is a good goal scorer Same as you say eve got to start winning and soon 

On 2/27/2018 at 11:52, B4ev6is said:

I think these front 2 could make a good pair both quick and could switch roles.

I think Gary should start them both tomorrow night 

How about this 

Carson 

Wisdom.      Keogh.      Davies.       Forsyth. 

Huddlestone    Ledley  

Lawrence          Vydra      Palmer  

Jerome. 

I think gary needs to go back to what worked before.

Which first and foremost is defensive solidairty, with no mistakes being made.

Which is what our team is best suited to. Weve seen in recent games starting with sheff wed away, what happens when we try a different way and chase the game... it simply didnt work.

Derby will have enough to score down the other end, with one of Vydra or Palmer.

1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

Which first and foremost is defensive solidairty, with no mistakes being made.

Which is what our team is best suited to. Weve seen in recent games starting with sheff wed away, what happens when we try a different way and chase the game... it simply didnt work.

Derby will have enough to score down the other end, with one of Vydra or Palmer.

Totally disagree m8. 

Palmer and Vydra would work together with Huddlestone and Ledley  

13 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Listening to his press conference today sounds like his plan, go back to being strong at the back, cut out defensive mistakes and build on that. 

He did acknowledge the calls to be more adventurous and possibly playing Vydra and Palmer, but said that when you're conceding daft goals the last thing you need to be doing is potentially leaving bigger spaces.

Be very surprised if he tries anything new tomorrow night and both are in the starting 11.

7 minutes ago, David said:

Listening to his press conference today sounds like his plan, go back to being strong at the back, cut out defensive mistakes and build on that. 

He did acknowledge the calls to be more adventurous and possibly playing Vydra and Palmer, but said that when you're conceding daft goals the last thing you need to be doing is potentially leaving bigger spaces.

Be very surprised if he tries anything new tomorrow night and both are in the starting 11.

Has Gary lost his bottle then 

Archived