Reading v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

Would be interesting to know how many other teams fans would be predicting their team would not make the play-offs when they are 8pts clear of 7th place. I understand previous seasons have left us emotionally scarred but seriously it's an over-reaction as things stand. If you feel that confident we'll miss out then I suggest a trip to the bookies to make yourself some money. Surely it must be favourable odds for us to miss out on the play-offs at the moment. 

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

We scored three times. How much pushing on do we need to do? Blame must be with the defence which has been **** in the last three games.

It’s not that simple though. We scored 3 goals yes, but after every single one we sat back and allowed reading to hammer into our box, what did we think was going to happen? The defence made mistakes, Baird in particular was applying as was Olson, and that needs organising, but if we keep sitting back like we the inevitable will always happen.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

It’s not that simple though. We scored 3 goals yes, but after every single one we sat back and allowed reading to hammer into our box, what did we think was going to happen? The defence made mistakes, Baird in particular was applying as was Olson, and that needs organising, but if we keep sitting back like we the inevitable will always happen.

But that's been our style this season. We've scored, sat back, then hit teams on the break, it's just our defence has been a bit wobbly recently.

I can see why Rowett has stuck to it considering we've done well thus far with it, but now we're struggling it might be time to keep pressing while we're ahead.

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Would be interesting to know how many other teams fans would be predicting their team would not make the play-offs when they are 8pts clear of 7th place. I understand previous seasons have left us emotionally scarred but seriously it's an over-reaction as things stand. If you feel that confident we'll miss out then I suggest a trip to the bookies to make yourself some money. Surely it must be favourable odds for us to miss out on the play-offs at the moment. 

It might be an overreaction, but if the form since the new year continues for the remainder of the season we will drop out.

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You're hugely exaggerating again. Since Christmas? We were fine in January, had a few blips recently, but nothing teams aren't expected to have. I've seen you praising Villa highly previously, they went 5 matches without a win earlier in the season. This is nothing other than a blip, it'll test the player's character, and I've no doubt we'll hit some hot form later on in the season. We just need to remain calm. Our fans have visions of seasons gone by, which is probably the causation of the over reaction. It's different players, and a different manager, it'll surely be a different outcome too.

Were we fine in January? I’m pretty sure we only won one game? That ain’t auto form that’s for sure. If we’re talking in terms of expectations at the start of the season then yes I’d expect us to have runs like this. But to make the playoffs you simply can’t be having runs where you win 2 in 10.

People can call me a **** negative fan if they want but I’ve been up and down the country watching derby these last three years and all I see is the same **** at this time of the year under a different manager. You could have told me it was 2015 and McClaren was in charge today and I’d have believed you. And I’m sorry but I really can’t see anything but the same result, I hope to god I’m just blinded by the past, but it just feels too much like it has before.

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We've gone the full circle. Baird in his first year for us got this treatment from the fans, and now he's back to this. He has one bad game, so he can never play for us again?

He has never been good enough. You dont get promoted with Steady Eddies. Sign a 4mill youngster and play that mid thirty cart horse. ? Get rid.

Just now, Seaside Ram said:

He has never been good enough. You dont get promoted with Steady Eddies. Sign a 4mill youngster and play that mid thirty cart horse. ? Get rid.

Never been good enough, yet spent the entirety of his career in the Premier League, and reached the Europe League final? Get a grip mate. Comfortably good enough.

13 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We need to regroup, and get back to the basics. We have enough goals going forward with this team, we just need to make sure we're solid through the middle of the team. There is no reason why we can't go on another long run, we just need to consolidate, and start from the beginning like we did back in October. We can still go up through the playoffs.

Do we have enough goals going forward though? Especially when Vydra isn't in the team. Of our top 5 scorers 1 doesn't even play for us anymore, 1 won't play again this season, 1 of them hasn't scored this year yet, 1 of them is Bradley Johnson and we had better hope the last one doesn't get injured before the end of the season. 

Still think we will get playoffs, but still think we are missing something when it comes to attack - our wingers have started to score a few recently, but midfield doesn't contribute anything from a goal scoring perspective.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Were we fine in January? I’m pretty sure we only won one game? That ain’t auto form that’s for sure. If we’re talking in terms of expectations at the start of the season then yes I’d expect us to have runs like this. But to make the playoffs you simply can’t be having runs where you win 2 in 10.

People can call me a **** negative fan if they want but I’ve been up and down the country watching derby these last three years and all I see is the same **** at this time of the year under a different manager. You could have told me it was 2015 and McClaren was in charge today and I’d have believed you. And I’m sorry but I really can’t see anything but the same result, I hope to god I’m just blinded by the past, but it just feels too much like it has before.

We got more draws than probably we should have, but it wasn't exactly a stinker of a month was it! I'm not talking about autos, I'm talking about the playoffs. There is a big gap between us and Boro, do you really think they'll breach it? If you were a Boro fan, you would have more reason to moan today! They dropped two points at Sunderland. Sheff Utd dropped points vs Hull. These teams are hardly lighting the league up.

Who do you propose will over take us to knock us out of the top 6?

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Too slow in midfield. They were busier than us all day.

Ledley, Baird and Ollsen all poor.

They were so there for the taking.  When we did put pressure on them they panicked. Shame is, so did we.

In the end, with ten men, I was glad to come away with a draw.

14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We've gone the full circle. Baird in his first year for us got this treatment from the fans, and now he's back to this. He has one bad game, so he can never play for us again?

It’s an exaggeration but it’s somewhat understandable after that sending off. Dunno if you were at the match but their goalie made a save, and instead of watching his man to make sure he didn’t counter he proceeded to turn away and hit the ground in frustration. His man then glider past him unaware before he had to take him out. The passion is admirable so to discount a good player like him is unfair, but that was a serious lack of professionalism. Pissed me off no end

Archived