U23s v Everton

Day

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, angieram said:

Exciting game this - 3-1 to us now! 

I have to say there has been some really incisive passing on the break by Derby.

For those not watching Everton pulled it back to 1-1 and I did worry for us.

But bringing on England U17 international Morgan Whitaker has made a real difference for us. As Angie says our passing has been very slick. Whitaker did a lovely setup for Max Bird to retake the lead with a low shot from the edge of the box and then he dictated a fast break down the middle with runners either side. He picked exactly the right ball to put Alex Babos through on goal but Babos played it across to the other runner, Lewis Walker, to tuck it in at the far post.

Five minutes to go. It would be an immense and highly impressive result if we win this.

Edit: Full time. 1-3 to the Rams and a very fine win.

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

For those not watching Everton pulled it back to 1-1 and I did worry for us.

But bringing on England U17 international Morgan Whitaker has made a real difference for us. As Angie says our passing has been very slick. Whitaker did a lovely setup for Max Bird to retake the lead with a low shot from the edge of the box and then he dictated a fast break down the middle with runners either side. He picked exactly the right ball to put Alex Babos through on goal but Babos played it across to the other runner, Lewis Walker, to tuck it in at the far post.

Five minutes to go. It would be an immense and highly impressive result if we win this.

Edit: Full time. 1-3 to the Rams and a very fine win.

Yes that Whitaker looked a bit useful Great game to watch no diving or play acting Thought Cover a Wassall were very strong at the back They definitely don't play 4-2-3-1 

Rarely watch these games but had some time on my hands so gave it a watch today. Have to say there were some promising looking players out there for us today, obviously performances matter the most but it’s good for their mentality to see our results like that against quality opposition. Thomas imo looks ready for the first team , has a bit of Ince about him and a natural goalscorer, exactly what we need. Bird will be some player as well, probably too young physically yet, but has great control of the game, reminds me of Thorne a little. Whittaker surpringly stole the show though, some proper creativity there- need someone of that ilk in the first team.

Having watched the game I thought we were lucky to get the break for the first goal but Luke Thomas took it very well. We defended very well for the rest of the first half but then Everton made their changes, equalised and it looked like they were going to overrun us. The lads then changed from trying to match their physicality to playing a faster, more fluid passing game and literally cut them open with two excellent goals. Some exciting performances and a great result.

Archived