RamsTV Meets Roy McFarland

Day

50 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I also really enjoyed the interview, but loved the squad picture at 0.29 mins. That picture was the first Rams picture I remember putting up on my bedroom wall - I have seen it since 1980's. My mum prepared looking at that picture whilst hoovering the bedroom, which I shared with my younger brother (he's a Wolves fan) he didn't have a Wolves team picture up, but a rather large picture of Sam Fox with her rather large assets. 

148hqhe.png

I just had Sam Fox on my wall.

27fdca0fa8908c853f8ff5574cb207ea--bonnie-tyler-picture-photo.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/14/2018 at 19:46, derbydaz22 said:

Born in 72 I was to young to remember the championship winning teams but my dad said Roy Mac was the complete centre half,what would he be worth in today’s market? 

To put it in to context, in terms of Roy Mac's value, Virgil Van Dyke would compare as very ordinary.  

13 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I also really enjoyed the interview, but loved the squad picture at 0.29 mins. That picture was the first Rams picture I remember putting up on my bedroom wall - I have seen it since 1980's. My mum prepared looking at that picture whilst hoovering the bedroom, which I shared with my younger brother (he's a Wolves fan) he didn't have a Wolves team picture up, but a rather large picture of Sam Fox with her rather large assets. 

148hqhe.png

Who's that wally to the right of Arthur? :D

On 14 February 2018 at 19:58, Pearl Ram said:

Well dd22, I don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say he was a colossus. Brave as a lion, he played against some real tough nuts and was never intimidated, intelligent, not just a “win me ‘eaders” or hoof it defender, read the game well, scored his share of goals for a centre half, it was a privilege to watch him at his peak. 

Can’t speak highly enough of him as a player or a bloke.

He was world class and that's no exaggeeration. Had he signed for Liverpool had Cloughie not camped on his settee until he signed it would have been Roy Mac lifting the European Cup for Liverpool and not the late Emelyn Hughes. A real footballing centre half who always had some much time on the ball and who was such a 360 degree visionary. Together with Colin Todd they were alone worth the entrance fee. When I think of Derby County my mind's eye paints a picture of Roy McFarland in white Rams shirt: tall, handsome, robust, skilful. On top of all that, he is a thoroughly great bloke. Deserves to be cast in bronze for ever. 

Archived