London's calling

MackworthRamIsGod

I was impressed with Villa when we played them. I know we won but i thought grealish was outstanding and opened us up time and again. They were missing a centre forward.

its not surprising that once hogan and grealish were back from injury they got their act together. And now they have grabban too.

i expected them to catch and overtake us. Although they have fulham away next i also think they will pull away.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think we could be looking at another playoff campaign this season, to reach the promised land we may have to go through 3 x 90 minutes of cup finals.

I would normally fear the playoffs, but I honestly think Rowett could do it.

Apart from Fulham I don't really fear any of the teams around the top 6, assuming Villa and Wolves go up.

What gave you this notion that we might be facing the playoffs? Was it perhaps that we dropped to 3rd for the first time in weeks?

I'll be expecting another thread championing our automatic opportunities when we get back to 2nd...

*clap* *clap* *clapclapclapclap* SHEEP

16 hours ago, Tombo said:

What gave you this notion that we might be facing the playoffs? Was it perhaps that we dropped to 3rd for the first time in weeks?

I'll be expecting another thread championing our automatic opportunities when we get back to 2nd...

*clap* *clap* *clapclapclapclap* SHEEP

I made this thread whilst we were still sat in second, so to answer your question, no. Edit: I just realised I made this when in third, so to answer your question, yes.

If we make the playoffs this season it will be a great success, my post wasn't a negative.

Although I'm fairly confident we won't be finishing 2nd this season.

21 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Boycie your right lots can change yet to be honest I fear Cardiff more than Villa  They both have very good squads but Villa have still got some hard games yet Fulham Preston Wolves Norwich Cardiff Derby think they will drop some points  But we need to up our game or we will not even be in the playoffs

We have 58 points, If we want a play off place only need to avoid a meltdown I think.  That isnt a given but why panic when we are unbeaten in 12?

18 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

@Paul71 No doesn't mean he can't or won't win in the play offs, just that he has been there. Could work for him, or against him.

Wee Billy didn't do so well in play offs after winning his first one after all.

wasn't his first one was it?Didn't he beat us with Preston before?

Archived