London's calling

MackworthRamIsGod

I think we could be looking at another playoff campaign this season, to reach the promised land we may have to go through 3 x 90 minutes of cup finals.

I would normally fear the playoffs, but I honestly think Rowett could do it.

Apart from Fulham I don't really fear any of the teams around the top 6, assuming Villa and Wolves go up.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boycie your right lots can change yet to be honest I fear Cardiff more than Villa  They both have very good squads but Villa have still got some hard games yet Fulham Preston Wolves Norwich Cardiff Derby think they will drop some points  But we need to up our game or we will not even be in the playoffs

I’m not even considering anything other than Automatic Promotion until it is mathematically impossible. 

We have had a minor slump..... but we are unbeaten in 12 and we have conceded 5 in 16 games. 

We turn the heat up on the likes of Villa and Cardiff by having a run of wins ourselves and watch us prevail. 

Keep the faith, we don’t want or need the playoffs. 

42 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Boycie your right lots can change yet to be honest I fear Cardiff more than Villa  They both have very good squads but Villa have still got some hard games yet Fulham Preston Wolves Norwich Cardiff Derby think they will drop some points  But we need to up our game or we will not even be in the playoffs

Whereas Cardiff have games to come against Derby, Sheffield Utd, Wolves, Villa and Norwich?

We get a point from Norwich when we deserved none and it is all crash and burn into the play-offs. 

If we do not get automatic promotion, we will have to beat two teams ( who may have finished below us) to get to the Premiership

Not exactly a bleak outlook. 

Plans A - Z : Get as many points as we can and read the Championship table in May for details.

I think in all honesty, Villa have had the squad for 2 seasons that should be promoted. It has just taken them a while to realise they needed to actually play in the Championship and they would not walk it. They have a better squad than Wolves, they probably have a better squad than us, Cardiff and Fulham combined. 

We do however need to remember that 3rd is still hugely overachieving this season. And playoffs CAN be fun!!!

I dont think 3rd would be over achieving in the slightest (personal viewpoint :) 

From where we areright now I would see it as a disappointment - mainly because I really dont look at Villa and think they are better than us or indeed a few other clubs.

So it is still in our hands and therefore if we fail it will be our fault no one elses...I am sure GR will be aware thatwe are not playing great, but he also knows we are more than capable of grinding out the results to get us 2nd..

I will worry about the team he will need to build to keep us in the Prem after we achieve what we need to achieve this season..

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think we could be looking at another playoff campaign this season, to reach the promised land we may have to go through 3 x 90 minutes of cup finals.

I would normally fear the playoffs, but I honestly think Rowett could do it.

Apart from Fulham I don't really fear any of the teams around the top 6, assuming Villa and Wolves go up.

Yes I tend to agree, it looks like play offs now.

It's annoying that Steve Bruce looks likely to get the better of DCFC again, but he really has taken a poor Villa side by the scruff of the neck and got them on a run with a lot of momentum at the right time. Can't see them losing many games unfortunately. 

Archived