Villa FFP

Day

Steve Bruce was asked yesterday on Alan Hutton’s contract situation. 

Full story: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-hutton-contract-villa-bruce-14239175

“I think I said to Alan, I had to be honest with him to say, ‘Look, at this position where we are we’re not in a position to offer anybody a new contract’,” Bruce told Birmingham Mail columnist Tom Ross.

“The way the situation with the club is in finances and Financial Fair Play and I think we all need to know where we are, whether we’re in the Championship or we’re in the Premier League - if we’re in the Championship we’ll have to cut, it’s as straightforward as that.

“I’ve spoken to the people above me and we’re not in a position to offer anybody a new contract just yet. Alan Hutton has been in a situation where I’ve been here for 15 months and he’s done terrifically well. But we’ll have to look after the club and sometimes my job is to look after the club too.”

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This does just add to my hope they don't go up.

As if there weren't already enough reasons, John Terry, Steve Bruce, the "buy all the players" squad, the anointing of their promotion already by the pundits, their notion that they belong in the premier league (how long since Leeds thought the same thing?)

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

This does just add to my hope they don't go up.

As if there weren't already enough reasons, John Terry, Steve Bruce, the "buy all the players" squad, the anointing of their promotion already by the pundits, their notion that they belong in the premier league (how long since Leeds thought the same thing?)

Or us. 

Forest thought they belonged in the top flight when they got relegated last century.

Sheff Wed in 2000. Leeds thought so too in 2004. 

TV money has changed the game. 35000 home gates, 12000 home gates, marginal difference if the prize is £100m a season.

I've nothing against Villa, but if they don't do it this time it could be a generation before they're back.

2 hours ago, needles said:

Forest thought they belonged in the top flight when they got relegated last century.

Sheff Wed in 2000. Leeds thought so too in 2004. 

TV money has changed the game. 35000 home gates, 12000 home gates, marginal difference if the prize is £100m a season.

I've nothing against Villa, but if they don't do it this time it could be a generation before they're back.

Still do dont they?

Archived