Cyrus Christie at Fulham

Manicsheepreacher

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Manicsheepreacher said:

What happened there then? The Boro faithful were lauding him as a player of the year candidate, yet now he's been sold to Fulham after only a matter of months. Good for us since we get 15% of the fee but any idea what was going on there?

Fulham have got some serious attacking fullbacks on their hands there now. Just seems really random.  

Have we ever had a player not complete a season and sold for a profit? Can't think of a comparable scenario from recent years. 

said pretty much the same thing, in the FOOTBALL FORUM - january transfers thread - where theres quite a bit of conversation about Cyrus and his latest move.

remind me aghain why yo u saw fit to post a new topic about this in the rams forum!??!!?

2 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

said pretty much the same thing, in the FOOTBALL FORUM - january transfers thread - where theres quite a bit of conversation about Cyrus and his latest move.

remind me aghain why yo u saw fit to post a new topic about this in the rams forum!??!!?

les-dawson.jpg

As far as I know fredericks is out of contract in the summer and may have expressed a desire to leave or has already got something lined up. So I guess Christie is the replacement.

dont forget christie is the self confessed best right back in the league so for £4 mil is a bargain.

9 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

As far as I know fredericks is out of contract in the summer and may have expressed a desire to leave or has already got something lined up. So I guess Christie is the replacement.

dont forget christie is the self confessed best right back in the league so for £4 mil is a bargain.

How can I forget something he never actually said? 

22 minutes ago, cannable said:

How can I forget something he never actually said? 

" Christie, who started 24 games for Derby last season despite spending three months on the sidelines with a broken foot, told reporters on Friday that he thinks that he's 'one of the best full-backs in that league, and that on his day, he thinks he is the best'."

He didn't say he was the best all the time, so I guess you are technically correct.

8 minutes ago, GenBr said:

" Christie, who started 24 games for Derby last season despite spending three months on the sidelines with a broken foot, told reporters on Friday that he thinks that he's 'one of the best full-backs in that league, and that on his day, he thinks he is the best'."

He didn't say he was the best all the time, so I guess you are technically correct.

“On-his day”

The abuse he gets is nothing short of pathetic, honestly, getting butt-hurt because one of your own players believes he’s one of the best full-backs in the division 

7 minutes ago, cannable said:

“On-his day”

The abuse he gets is nothing short of pathetic, honestly, getting butt-hurt because one of your own players believes he’s one of the best full-backs in the division 

I don't disagree with you - I was just pointing out that he did say it even if it is qualified with "on his day". The internet exists purely for armchair generals to shout anonymous abuse to whoever/whatever takes their fancy on that day. Every public figure receives abuse especially on social media and it is never going to change as long as anonymity is still a thing online. If he truly believes he can be the best then a few crappy comments online shouldn't stop him.

Archived