Cyrus Christie at Fulham

Manicsheepreacher

What happened there then? The Boro faithful were lauding him as a player of the year candidate, yet now he's been sold to Fulham after only a matter of months. Good for us since we get 15% of the fee but any idea what was going on there?

Fulham have got some serious attacking fullbacks on their hands there now. Just seems really random.  

Have we ever had a player not complete a season and sold for a profit? Can't think of a comparable scenario from recent years. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Manicsheepreacher said:

What happened there then? The Boro faithful were lauding him as a player of the year candidate, yet now he's been sold to Fulham after only a matter of months. Good for us since we get 15% of the fee but any idea what was going on there?

Fulham have got some serious attacking fullbacks on their hands there now. Just seems really random.  

Have we ever had a player not complete a season and sold for a profit? Can't think of a comparable scenario from recent years. 

Do we get 15% of the total fee or do we get 15 % of any profit above the fee we sold him for?

4 minutes ago, Manicsheepreacher said:

Same as here.

In comes more defensive-minded manager and Christie has to go.

I’ll be interested to see how he gets on there.

There system is all about the full-backs making intelligent third-man runs and cutting it back from the by-line.

Christie is more about taking people on and his party trick used to be cutting inside and floating one in with his left 

There were rumours fredericks might be going to West Ham (best right back in the league imo) but that never materialised so don’t understand why they’d buy him. More money for us tho, and boy do we need everything we can get! 

Wonder what Fulham fans are thinking, cause he had the worst game I’ve seen a derby player have since that fateful season up their end a year or two back- if that’s all they’ve seen of him then I suspect their forum to be even more suicidal than ours was last night!

57 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

There were rumours fredericks might be going to West Ham (best right back in the league imo) but that never materialised so don’t understand why they’d buy him. More money for us tho, and boy do we need everything we can get! 

Wonder what Fulham fans are thinking, cause he had the worst game I’ve seen a derby player have since that fateful season up their end a year or two back- if that’s all they’ve seen of him then I suspect their forum to be even more suicidal than ours was last night!

Yep I was thinking this too. The whole team was a shambles that day, but Christie and Mascarell suddenly looked like they had never played the game before. It's rare to see players collapse like that and if I was a Fulham fan having seen him that day I'd be concerned. 

However let's be honest Christie is a decent player, better going forward than defending. He would probably suit the wing back role perfectly, just needs to find a club/manager that plays that formation. He should fit in o.k at Fulham.

To answer my own question regarding when we last signed and sold someone over a very short period of time and made a profit .....the answer is Raul Albentosa.

God I'm a sorry individual for answering my own question. At the moment of writing, I think I still have a girlfriend, but on evidence of this I'm not sure that will be for very long  : )

I'm living in the south of Italy at present on me lonesome teaching English at an Italian high school, where my Juventus supporting students surprised me today with footage of that wretched  3-1 win from 1973. From this teasing gesture I was able to teach the words 'cheat' 'bribe' ''controversial' and 'scumbags' : ) 

8 minutes ago, Manicsheepreacher said:

To answer my own question regarding when we last signed and sold someone over a very short period of time and made a profit .....the answer is Raul Albentosa.

God I'm a sorry individual for answering my own question. At the moment of writing, I think I still have a girlfriend, but on evidence of this I'm not sure that will be for very long  : )

I'm living in the south of Italy at present on me lonesome teaching English at an Italian high school, where my Juventus supporting students surprised me today with footage of that wretched  3-1 win from 1973. From this teasing gesture I was able to teach the words 'cheat' 'bribe' ''controversial' and 'scumbags' : ) 

Ince?

Archived