Reading (A) Tickets

Gritstone Ram

Quite reasonably priced. I think we'll sell out for this.

Reading Vs Derby County - Sky Bet Championship

Saturday 24th February 2018, Kick-Off: 3pm

On Sale Dates:

Away Members: From 9am on Wednesday 24th January 2018

Season Ticket Holders: From 10am on Sunday 28th January 2018

General Sale: From 10am on Sunday 4th February 2018

Ticket Prices
Season Ticket Holders & Away Members: Adults - £20, Senior Citizens (65+) - £13, Under-25s (18-24) - £10, Under-18s (2-17)* - £5
Non-Season Ticket Holders: Adults - £25, Senior Citizens (65+) - £16, Under-25s (18-24) - £13, Under-18s (2-17)* - £8

*All children aged 13 or under must be accompanied by someone aged 18 or above.

Reading also offer a Family-Area combination ticket, these are priced as follows:

Two Adults & Two Under 18s £42** 
Two Adults & One Under 18 £39** 
One Adult & Two Under 18s £26**
One Adult & One Under 18 £22**

*Adults must be sold with U18s and U18s must be sold with Adults

**Only available to purchase in advance of matchday.

Derby have been given an initial allocation of 2,322 tickets for the game.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be an unpopular viewpoint this, but just a little moan from me - when did it become standard practice for the club to effectively subsidise HOME Season Ticket Holders tickets for AWAY matches by letting non-season ticket holders foot the bill for the difference?

I haven't got a ST any more but like to go away a few times per year (not to Reading though), and although a £25 ticket ain't bad, there have been other occasions where "normal" tickets have tipped over the £30 threshold, only for ST holders to get access to them with a fiver or so knocked off. They already get the privilage of priority access (which I don't agree with, and didn't when I had a ST), to then be guaranteed a seat at a cheaper price at the expense of non-super fans seems a bit much to me.

1 minute ago, JoetheRam said:

Might be an unpopular viewpoint this, but just a little moan from me - when did it become standard practice for the club to effectively subsidise HOME Season Ticket Holders tickets for AWAY matches by letting non-season ticket holders foot the bill for the difference?

I haven't got a ST any more but like to go away a few times per year (not to Reading though), and although a £25 ticket ain't bad, there have been other occasions where "normal" tickets have tipped over the £30 threshold, only for ST holders to get access to them with a fiver or so knocked off. They already get the privilage of priority access (which I don't agree with, and didn't when I had a ST), to then be guaranteed a seat at a cheaper price at the expense of non-super fans seems a bit much to me.

I haven't heard anything about the club subsidising the tickets for season ticket holders. 

Can't you find someone with a ST to get you a ticket. It makes sense. 

31 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

It' the way of the world Joe ! Get rewarded for being loyal. I can't say I agree with you at all here.

Season ticket holders commit to supporting the team throughout the season. How many who pay per match would be coming if we were bottom of the table?

You could argue that not everyone can afford a season ticket, but I pay by direct debit over a long period of time which doesn't break the bank. I think it's the club's way of saying thank you to the supporters who show their unconditional support months in advance. It's difficult to say that non season ticket holders are subsidising season ticket holders. You could argue that season ticket holders subsidise those fans that don't turn up to every home game.

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

Stop your moaning only £5 more to go

28 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Stop your moaning only £5 more to go

True, but it's just the principle of it B4. Makes me feel like I'm paying for someone else to get in cheaper away just because they've already paid the cheapest price for all home games in one go.

@angieram the Utd game was definitely cheaper for ST holders, I'm sure there's been other instances but maybe they weren't this season.

Would be interesting to see what rate Derby paid to Reading for the tickets. Presume the allocation is still sold to us in advance.

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

I am not sure if the family tickets count for anyone but if you haven't got a season ticket get together with a mate and buy the two adults + one under 18 @ £39 is cheaper than 2 adults @ £20. So there you go @JoetheRam problem sorted.

You will have to sit in the boring bit then. Won’t be able to bounce or discuss the referee’s fondness for self gratification, should he deny us a late penalty 

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

True, but it's just the principle of it B4. Makes me feel like I'm paying for someone else to get in cheaper away just because they've already paid the cheapest price for all home games in one go.

@angieram the Utd game was definitely cheaper for ST holders, I'm sure there's been other instances but maybe they weren't this season.

Would be interesting to see what rate Derby paid to Reading for the tickets. Presume the allocation is still sold to us in advance.

Man Utd was a cup game unless we've already been promoted? 

I don't expect cheaper seats but it's a nice little bonus when I get one! It's a long, expensive season.

22 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

You moan if over £30 you moan if it is under well you should had a season ticket then

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

You moan if over £30 you moan if it is under well you should had a season ticket then

All well and good if you aint got a job or don't work shifts. I work at the RDH 12hour shifts..which I know about 6 weeks ahead. What with sky changing dates willy nilly it makes it impossible to have a season ticket. 

On 24/01/2018 at 20:25, JoetheRam said:

I'd be pretty damn close to giving up on English football all together just by the principle of it

14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey look mate support mighty derby I dont regual hours but dont stop supporting team I love just go.

You don’t understand what the guys just said mate, his shifts don’t allow him to have a season ticket, just as your dads shifts don’t allow you to go to away games on a Saturday.

Sometimes it’s difficult, you of all people know that B4.

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

You don’t understand what the guys just said mate, his shifts don’t allow him to have a season ticket, just as your dads shifts don’t allow you to go to away games on a Saturday.

Sometimes it’s difficult, you of all people know that B4.

Just get fed up of people moaning that tickets prices are to experances but when reasonable price they still moan.

Archived