Managers on the touchline

dcfcfan1

Rowett feels hard done by that we didnt get the penalty, but listen to his interviews after. Honest, thinks it has cost us but none of this Mourinho/Wenger like moaning and spouting bile to the referees, who have a very tough job. Like the fact that Rowett acknowledges that we shouldnt have needed the penalty anyway and the ref didnt do it on purpose.

Cant stand the "victim mentallity" managers, both Derby and Bristol have good honest hard working managers who are happy to work with what they have got. Credit to both teams

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

Talking of managers on the touchline; why, when the ref does something that they don't agree with, do they start shouting down the 4th official's ear? What do they think that he can do about it?

Because he's the closest official to them at the time and the ref can't hear them or be bothered?

It's like farting in a general direction

6 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

Talking of managers on the touchline; why, when the ref does something that they don't agree with, do they start shouting down the 4th official's ear? What do they think that he can do about it?

Because being a referee is like being a traffic warden or police officer & none of them deserve any respect all a different breed & horrible 

Both talking nonsense in my view. They would both do well to listen to a more experienced managers opinion on things. Just watched the game again on sky. That Steve Mclarren bloke gave a very insightful, unbiased  analysis of the situation. ?

16 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

I didn't think McClarens comments were too bad. He said we were relentless and powerful and put pressure on teams for 90minutes, they all agreed that Derby were favourites for 2nd place.

His face was a picture when the presenter asked if previous Derby teams would have collapsed under pressure last night and the other bloke said "yes"!

They **** stirred a bit when they asked Steve what it’s like to work under Mel too!

4 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Said Mel wants success and wants it yesterday, very demanding, wants to know what is going on, but very open with the managers and said he had a good relationship with him.

....apart from getting sacked twice.

On 20/01/2018 at 10:14, dcfcfan1 said:

Rowett feels hard done by that we didnt get the penalty, but listen to his interviews after. Honest, thinks it has cost us but none of this Mourinho/Wenger like moaning and spouting bile to the referees, who have a very tough job. Like the fact that Rowett acknowledges that we shouldnt have needed the penalty anyway and the ref didnt do it on purpose.

Cant stand the "victim mentallity" managers, both Derby and Bristol have good honest hard working managers who are happy to work with what they have got. Credit to both teams

I liked that he conceded that, whoever was responsible for the replays on the screen, effectively put extra pressure on the officials.

He didn’t say it outright but he effectively acknowledged that, by the time of the missed penalty, they may’ve been second-guessing themselves so badly, that they were reluctant to make any decisions at all.

I was less enamoured with his concession that referees are only human. We’ll have none of that sort of talk thanks. 

PS: Gary, I thought you had a point but it didn’t explain why the referee was happy to yellow card Jerome for the missed penalty ?

Archived