Nelson Oliveira

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of the day and if he comes here, he will lead the line in a tough battle for victory. 

The problem is though that he is only 5’4”  but his main weapon is an almighty column that raises him off the ground quite considerably. 

14 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

At the end of the day and if he comes here, he will lead the line in a tough battle for victory. 

The problem is though that he is only 5’4”  but his main weapon is an almighty column that raises him off the ground quite considerably. 

And John Noakes has been up it  :ph34r:

With Norwich and Oliveira seemingly falling out...is there any chance we could take him off their hands this summer?

If the reported January interest is to be believed, as well as Rowett's comments on "liking Oliveira", the Portuguese forward might well be a target in the summer. I know the original quoted fee was around £8m, but if Farke wants rid of him, we could potentially pick him up for a lot less.

We need a really quality number nine this summer. That and a winger have to be our top priorities. In my eyes, Oliveira fits the bill. 

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

With Norwich and Oliveira seemingly falling out...is there any chance we could take him off their hands this summer?

If the reported January interest is to be believed, as well as Rowett's comments on "liking Oliveira", the Portuguese forward might well be a target in the summer. I know the original quoted fee was around £8m, but if Farke wants rid of him, we could potentially pick him up for a lot less.

We need a really quality number nine this summer. That and a winger have to be our top priorities. In my eyes, Oliveira fits the bill. 

Yes agree about Olivera very good player but always had baggage he was the same at Forest  Do you take a risk with him or not I would like us to get him sulks and all 

3 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Yes agree about Olivera very good player but always had baggage he was the same at Forest  Do you take a risk with him or not I would like us to get him sulks and all 

People used to say the same about Vydra - turns out he just needed to feel at home and get settled. Ince was similar. I reckon, if he believed in Rowett and the project, that we'd get the best out of him. 

4 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Looks like a Rowett type of player but if he’s a knob we don’t want him.

Thought he was a real handful at  PP.

4 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Would definately take him, fit our system quite well I’d say. A big number 9 signing has to be top priority, him or Benik afobe look strong  shouts to me!

48 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

People used to say the same about Vydra - turns out he just needed to feel at home and get settled. Ince was similar. I reckon, if he believed in Rowett and the project, that we'd get the best out of him. 

Yes agree but it will always be a gamble with him that's how his career as been

10 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Incey is definitely not a sulker,he  gives off that impression but he isn’t.

Sorry but you can't have been to many away games very good player but he does sometimes sulk and hide and annoying habit of throwing his hands in the air and blaming somebody else 

9 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Sorry but you can't have been to many away games very good player but he does sometimes sulk and hide and annoying habit of throwing his hands in the air and blaming somebody else 

I have and like I said he does give off that impression.

Maybe that was his way of showing he cared.

From our experience he’s just a top guy and he can’t defend himself which is why I commented.

Don’t disagree that he looks mardy.

1 hour ago, Mistaram said:

Don't believe he is but even if he was I enjoyed him sulking when he scored all those goals made all those assists and was head and shoulders above any other outfield player....

I'd be very disappointed if we splashed a load on him. Probably better than what we've got but not by much, certainly not £5 million or more much, and not a player to spearhead a promotion push. (Presume we would only be interested if we don't go up). Sort of player you'd look at on a free or low fee, but if we're as short of cash as we're meant to be, you must be able to get better value for money out there somewhere. Journeyman springs to mind.

Archived