Nelson Oliveira

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

If you've only seen 2 players this season who you think will play at the top level I think you might just be a little picky :lol:

I am I reckon but there the ones that stood out - Flint from Bristol could do a job in the poem me thinks 

funny that Ince and Hughes  - who i loved at Derby - are only on the periphery with lower teams

the gulf is getting bigger for players making it

anyway - up the Rams!!

10 hours ago, irobinson said:

he ran the second half  - not many I have seen in the championship will play at top level - him and Sessighon will.

How many in our team will?

I agree but my main point was that he was allowed to

3 hours ago, irobinson said:

I am I reckon but there the ones that stood out - Flint from Bristol could do a job in the poem me thinks 

funny that Ince and Hughes  - who i loved at Derby - are only on the periphery with lower teams

the gulf is getting bigger for players making it

anyway - up the Rams!!

It's a funny one. You see teams like Burnley and Bournemouth and they've got plenty of players doing well in the Prem who didn't really stand out when they were at Championship level. And then you've got players like Ince, Daryl Murphy and Bamford who have been top players in this league on multiple occasions but have really struggled when given the chance in the Prem

On 3/9/2018 at 21:35, Sparkle said:

Whilst a decent looking player 

Understatement of the century, he's just schooling the whole league and pretty much single handedly kept us out of the relegation scrap. 

Revist in 18 months when the Carragher's and Neville's are creaming over him, when Spurs or Liverpool have him. 

NB: Maddison, not sulky pants. 

On 3/10/2018 at 08:28, Sparkle said:

I agree but my main point was that he was allowed to

No one can get near him mate, probably looks like he isn't being closed down... but he's just too good. If football can be compared with a game of chess, then he's almost always got an extra move mapped out in his head.... that's why he's going right to the top, and I mean Champions League and England regular. It's never been more obvious that a Norwich kid is going to to the top than it is with Maddison. 

Is a pleasure watching him in a yellow shirt, whilst it lasts, afraid of our Maddison-less future. 

Best bit of business our club has done for years signing him for £3m when he was 18..... but unfortunately his transfer fee will only 'undo' a load of other piss poor business, like paying off Naismith, Jarvis, McGovern etc to get them off the wage bill :(

Think they should be sticking him on a plane to Russia to be honest. 

3 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

No one can get near him mate, probably looks like he isn't being closed down... but he's just too good. If football can be compared with a game of chess, then he's almost always got an extra move mapped out in his head.... that's why he's going right to the top, and I mean Champions League and England regular. It's never been more obvious that a Norwich kid is going to to the top than it is with Maddison. 

Is a pleasure watching him in a yellow shirt, whilst it lasts, afraid of our Maddison-less future. 

Best bit of business our club has done for years signing him for £3m when he was 18..... but unfortunately his transfer fee will only 'undo' a load of other piss poor business, like paying off Naismith, Jarvis, McGovern etc to get them off the wage bill :(

Think they should be sticking him on a plane to Russia to be honest. 

Clearly a bit of bias involved here. We thought exactly the same with Hughes.

5 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Clearly a bit of bias involved here. We thought exactly the same with Hughes.

Maddison has scored more goals for us this season, his first at this level, with two months left to play..... than Will Hughes scored in 6 seasons and 187 games for you. 

And that's in a team which is the leagues 5th worst goalscorers. 

At the half way point of the season he'd created more chances than any player in any of the worlds top 5 leagues.... and he's still one short of his 100th appearance in all competitions.

Why would any top side want an attacking midfielder who doesn't score goals? Like Hughes? He might go up a level as a Carrick type deep lying playmaker, but Hughes clearly has a lot missing from his repertoire. 

Maddison's breakthrough this season has been nothing short of miraculous. 

1 hour ago, NorwichLad said:

Maddison has scored more goals for us this season, his first at this level, with two months left to play..... than Will Hughes scored in 6 seasons and 187 games for you. 

At the half way point of the season he'd created more chances than any player in any of the worlds top 5 leagues.... and he's still one short of his 100th appearance in all competitions.

Why would any top side want an attacking midfielder who doesn't score goals? Like Hughes? He might go up a level as a Carrick type deep lying playmaker, but Hughes clearly has a lot missing from his repertoire. 

How many free kicks and penalties great talent but will never get to highest level because of the size of his ego Bit daft to compare the two players Maddison has always been ( quite rightly ) allowed the freedom to play his own game While Hughes played nearly all his games in his own half picking the ball up of the defenders  Its like compering Maddison with Howson when he was with you  

1 hour ago, NorwichLad said:

Can't ever remember Hughes being classed as an attacking midfielder at Derby.

Carson should be on the plane based on making more saves than Harry Kane this season.

56 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

What's any of this got to do with Nelson Oliviera?

Quite. Can this thread be changed to Maddison?

1 hour ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Nelson he 'armless' really although he did have an 'eye' for goal at one time.

He s not a patch on Maddison ,,, kiss me hardy,,,,,,,kiss me softy if you like 

1 hour ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Nelson he 'armless' really although he did have an 'eye' for goal at one time.

Didn’t the ram  program do a column on him?

Archived