Nelson Oliveira

Animal is a Ram

15 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Surely not?!

If Martin goes out on loan and we sign a big money striker, we have New, Bent, Blackman, Martin, Nugent, Vydra and Winnall to an extent on the books, all probably on big Championship wages

Slightly top heavy

That's quite inflated though, since if Martin does go on loan, and Bent is also likely to go on loan, then we have Nugent, Vydra and Winnall, I'm not sure you should include Blackman in that, as he's already on loan, and the other two are likely to be on the way out.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quality player at this level. Would all but confirm Martin is off if this is true. If GR rates Oliveira and considers Martin 4th choice, then it’s a logical move to benefit the greater good of the side.

If we got £5m for CM, which is realistic, then it would give us an £8mil income when added to the £3m loan fee from Fulham last season. Reinvest that in Oliveira, three years younger, he scores goals to get us up. Job done.

Cant see us spending 8m without recieving any money from outgoings. Would also only think this will happen if both Martin & Bent go.

Martin could potentially be part of the deal, he missed his family when last out on loan but im sure he has said a lot of his family live in Norwich still

25 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Not doubting the source, but none of it seems to fit. Would hardly call Oliveira a Rowett player, and £8m seems a bit steep.

Where does he fit in this team? Don't think he's a wide player, is he?

Rowett is a fan of players who work hard for the team. I've seen little of this guy but he worked tirelessly in both games. I can see him ratting up front. Clayton Donaldson did a similar job for him at Birmingham and Burton so it's not unheard of. This guy is mobile for his size and would bring some presence up top. Would be a good signing if true. But it s a big if. 

We’d have to be getting a decent amount of money for Martin to pull this off, plus getting rid of Shackell, Bent and Anya. 

I wonder if one of Wednesday or Tel Aviv are paying up for Blackman/Butterfield this window too, that could explain us having more money to spend that expected. I always wondered if we had a bit left over from Hughes and Ince leaving too.

This is a signing that would take us to the next level, I’d be VERY happy if he joined. Makes us more physical up top, which I think we need.

4 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

We’d have to be getting a decent amount of money for Martin to pull this off, plus getting rid of Shackell, Bent and Anya. 

I wonder if one of Wednesday or Tel Aviv are paying up for Blackman/Butterfield this window too, that could explain us having more money to spend that expected. I always wondered if we had a bit left over from Hughes and Ince leaving too.

This is a signing that would take us to the next level, I’d be VERY happy if he joined. Makes us more physical up top, which I think we need.

Not a chance of this happening, the Wednesday fans loathe Butterfield and can't wait to send him back. Source: their forum, and I live in Sheffield.

8 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

From memory, Bryson’s deal included an option to buy for £1 million in January, 

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Not a chance of this happening, the Wednesday fans loathe Butterfield and can't wait to send him back. Source: their forum, and I live in Sheffield.

After his quite openly negative interviews about Derby after he left I wouldn’t be surprised if the loan to permanent was already agreed, it was just a way of splitting the cost in regard to FFP. 

I bloody hope so anyway.

Just watching a live stream from the local rag at Norwich (I know, I have nothing better to do), and they say there is something strong in this, maybe not over the next 24 hours but next week there may be movement. Get this guy playing and he could be a brilliant signing, but by all accounts his attitude has been poor recently, and a character like that may have some issues.

Just now, LB_DCFC said:

Just watching a live stream from the local rag at norwich (i know i have nothing better to do), and they say there is something strong in this, maybe not over the next 24 hours but next week there may be movement. Get this guy playing and he could be a brilliant signing, but by all accounts his attitude has been poor recently, and a character like that may have some issues.

Was Alan Partridge the presenter ?

49 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Really rate oliveira myself, always scores again0st us too. If we sell Martin we do definately need another number 9, and a younger player like oliveira could be just the player. Can’t see a big money signing like this mind tho.

Yes agree very good player great finisher Got o pace Rowett wants will it happen doubt it Midfield priority for me 

Archived