RamsTV Meets Marco Gabbiadini

Day

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great blog and a big Hero of mine ( being a centre forward myself )...and was the one signing when we were splashing the cash that really excited me, just his name alone was great!! lol but a proper centre forward and a steal at 1m i think it was....really good to see he's doing well for himself :thumbsup:

Looking forward to part 2.

For me, owd Marco is summed up with this goal:

And GR describes it best. As always.

I was sat in the Ossie middle tier that night and was my closest experience to us getting somewhere in the cup. It just felt like it was meant to be. But back then, SW were our cup nemesis too many times. 

The BBG was absolutely rocking and I still get shivers watching these goals. Oh what could've been!

Funny how our 1st 2 goal scorers have been on Rams TV interviews already. Don't suppose Kitson will be on soon.

15 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

See those Wall fans never started on Marco:

I am ashamed to say that the best man at my wedding was one of the idiots who had a go at Martin Taylor that night .

coming from that area I was warned not to go that night by my Millwall mates , it was a nightmare trying to get home afterwards and a great result and performance  was spoilt by a load of w*****s!!!

we should've gone up that season !!

15 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Looking forward to part 2.

For me, owd Marco is summed up with this goal:

And GR describes it best. As always.

I was sat in the Ossie middle tier that night and was my closest experience to us getting somewhere in the cup. It just felt like it was meant to be. But back then, SW were our cup nemesis too many times. 

The BBG was absolutely rocking and I still get shivers watching these goals. Oh what could've been!

Funny how our 1st 2 goal scorers have been on Rams TV interviews already. Don't suppose Kitson will be on soon.

Brilliant post and great memories ...I speak to Mel Sage sometimes who's a taxi driver now in my area and he said Marco was a top lad and very down to earth but Kitsons nickname was stars!!  as he always thought he'd be going higher and better than the Rams...

19 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

See those Wall fans never started on Marco:

My ‘Angry’ reaction is of course not for you Tim but the scum invading pitch. Still what great memories from the result! 

Watched Pt 1 with Marco. He’s got his head screwed on! Great interview. Remember him walking past us fans queueing for tickets, I said to him ‘Oi join the queue like the rest of us’. Thanks for some wonderful memories Marco, always enjoyed his football even before he joined us. Glad he’s doing well

Ahhh Marco..he made me grow up...see and do things I would never have thought I would...!

Yep..introduced me to 'professionalism'.

He was a solid unit and could put himself about. But the tiniest touch in the back and he could go down like a sack of spuds. He didn't 'dive' and I loved his style (hating Kitson all the more for it) so I turned a blind eye to his play acting and getting-of soft decisions.

He was the starting point for me using the 'there was contact' argument. 

Seems frightfully 'normal' doesn't he.

Which side is the most 'What could have been'?...the Marco, Tommy Johnson, Willams, Short, Pembo..team .

Or Mac version 1??

3 hours ago, David said:

Watching Derby during the Marco era was my heyday. I did home and away (every game was away for me!) only missed four or five most seasons and to listen to his memories rekindles plenty for me. When you hear some of the names..... I’m thinking ‘oh yeah, of course he played for us’. Sometimes a player can slip under the memory radar.....Gordon Cowans, an example, a fine player. 

What a good watch this interview was. Thanks David! 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived