Manchester United F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are people moaning? He was always going to make a few changes because the players were out on their feet against Sheffield utd. Good to see Thorne and Winnall starting and looking forward to seeing how Lawrence at number 10 works(assuming he plays there).

Pearce deserves his chance. He hasn't had the opportunity all season and it is demoralising sitting on the bench. To those moaning, what if Keogh or Davies broke their legs the day after the transfer window closes? Pearce would be needed and I'd rather give him a go in a game that isn't that important in the grand scheme of things

2 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Either play a full team or put reserves out. This is ******* *****. 

Have you lost your mind? 

There's no-one in that team that isn't capable of starting for us in the league. 

Just now, McLovin said:

Why are people moaning? He was always going to make a few changes because the players were out on their feet against Hull. Good to see Thorne and Winnall starting and looking forward to seeing how Lawrence at number 10 works(assuming he plays there).

Pearce deserves his chance. He hasn't had the opportunity all season and it is demoralising sitting on the bench. To those moaning, what if Keogh or Davies broke their legs the day after the transfer window closes? Pearce would be needed and I'd rather give him a go in a game that isn't that important in the grand scheme of things

Exactly. 

And Pearce isn't rubbish or a waster. People should show him more respect. Granted he isn't as good as Keogh or Davies, he is still a solid championship defender who has played a number of times in the premier league(as well as being close to signing for Liverpool a few years ago).

Pearce aside, this could well have been the lineup for a league match this weekend.

Forsyth and Vydra were knackered on Monday. Forwards been rotating anyway and Winnell unlucky to be dropped after Ipswich. We've all wanted Thorne starting recently and Ledley might still be injured. Wisdom is hardly a reserve.

Shame Davies isn't playing but at 32, this game may have been one too far.

7 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The opposition lineup:

Never even heard of half these players. I know that Lingard though waste of space that he is. McTominay & Mkhtaryan both must be Scottish, not internationals as far as I know. We have several Scotland internationals. No massive Belgian, no massive Swede. Very weak Manchester side.

Easy Rams win tonight. 

Chris Baird was always likely to be rested after so many games and Olsson is probably seen as a more defensive option at LB. Russell and Weimann I thought were likely to start as they are more defensive options and can slot in to make it almost a bank of 4 with TH and GT, maybe with TL then moving into space on the flanks. 

As others have said Pearce is the surprise, but with Davis not on bench might he be injured/ill? Either way, he's 32 and can't recall him missing a game, so he was bound to be rested eventually 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

Never even heard of half these players. I know that Lingard though waste of space that he is. McTominay & Mkhtaryan both must be Scottish, not internationals as far as I know. We have several Scotland internationals. No massive Belgian, no massive Swede. Very weak Manchester side.

Easy Rams win tonight. 

Perhaps we are playing man whonited instead?

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Bit annoyed with that lineup, but tbf imo that’s only two players short of a league eleven. I’m very concerned with Pearce at the back and a little disappointed Vydra doesn’t start, but I am interacted in Lawrence behind the striker.

Hmmm interacted?

Team selection is very important, let’s say we get spanked here 5-0 and they absolutely muller us. That may well dent our confidence and affect our league form, next game is a tough away game against a Birmingham side who just beat reading away. 

I understand the changes, all of them bar Pearce. You don’t start a player in a key, critical position who’s hardly kicked a ball all season against The likes of Rashford and Lukaku! 

Will do his confidence no good either if he gets turned inside out.

Archived