Such a perfect day

Carl Sagan

Top of the list, of course is Ipswich 1 [Mighty] Derby 2

We also had:

[bottom of the table] Birmingham 1 [bang in form] Leeds 0

[Pulis's] Boro 0 [Bruce is a hopeless manager so we don't need to worry about] Villa 1

[Turned a corner] Sheffield United 0 [Relegation threatened] Bolton 1

[Rivals for autos] Bristol City 1 [Uncatchable leaders] Wolves 2

And of course the icing on the cake, Gumps 0 [heading for League One] Sunderland 1

Not to mention yesterday's result of:

[rivals for autos and Colin's finest] Cardiff 0 [on a roll but well back] Preston 1

I would suggest that's a perfect set of seven results.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Top of the list, of course is Ipswich 1 [Mighty] Derby 2

We also had:

[bottom of the table] Birmingham 1 [bang in form] Leeds 0

[Pulis's] Boro 0 [Bruce is a hopeless manager so we don't need to worry about] Villa 1

[Turned a corner] Sheffield United 0 [Relegation threatened] Bolton 1

And of course the icing on the cake, Gumps 0 [heading for League One] Sunderland 1

Not to mention yesterday's result of:

[rivals for autos and Colin's finest] Cardiff 0 [on a roll but well back] Preston 1

I would suggest that's a perfect set of seven results.

My favourite ensemble charity song ever. Great to see it again.

Cheers Carl :wub:

10 hours ago, HantsRam said:

You're right of course. That was the best result. I was hoping for a brizzle win or a draw with 1st place on my mind. But realistically we could end up with 3 teams breaking away from the pack - Wolves top and us fighting with Bristol for second to the wire, with 4th placed whoever 10 points behind. Imagine finishing in that 3rd place and losing in the playoffs. 

More good Bristol news. They have 2 more games in Jan than us with Man City league cup semi. Their 2nd leg is a few days after we play them, hopefully they will still be in the tie by that point.

They are also away to Watford in FA Cup so better chance of replay and 4th round match than us. 4 extra games for them in Jan should leave them nicely knackered.

24 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

That is good news as Warburton good is a good manager and I like him. Hopefully they bring in soneone who is useless and I dislike now. Redknapp?

Oh please let it be so. I think he’s said he’s retired for good now. But bearing in mind his legacy at Portsmouth and now seemingly Birmingham, I’d live that to happen to forest. 

Archived