Man Utd ticket details and KO Time announced.

Gritstone Ram

Just now, Derby blood said:

Do not agree at all, this is a massive game for us, it's the FA cup, it's against one of the biggest teams in the world, we have 5500 fans making the trip(myself and my son included), you should try and win every game, and if we get to the FA cup final, please make sure you stay at home, as this game is NOT important to you, any game with a trip to a cup final should be important to every manager, player and supporter, what has happened to our great game, when people think like you, it would make my week if we beat Manu. Hope everyone going has a night to remember.

Besides, every time we rest players to perform in the following game, we get turned over.

Full strength Man Utd, full strength Brum, 2 games in 2 weeks shouldn't  be beyond us.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Do not agree at all, this is a massive game for us, it's the FA cup, it's against one of the biggest teams in the world, we have 5500 fans making the trip(myself and my son included), you should try and win every game, and if we get to the FA cup final, please make sure you stay at home, as this game is NOT important to you, any game with a trip to a cup final should be important to every manager, player and supporter, what has happened to our great game, when people think like you, it would make my week if we beat Manu. Hope everyone going has a night to remember.

In my view the last thing we need is a Cup run or any distractions. The league is everything , even more this season.

54 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

The FA Cup simply is irrelevant these days. It's sad but true as the money is too great in the league. I highly doubt we would beat Man U if we played our strongest team anyway as they will be putting of their eggs into this basket as it's very unlikely they will win anything else. Anyway, it's not as if that team consists of under 23s. The likes of Pearce have been patiently waiting for their chance. Our team was knackered today. It would be sensible to make some changes. Winnall deserves to start again.

8 minutes ago, caymanram said:

In my view the last thing we need is a Cup run or any distractions. The league is everything , even more this season.

Spot on. It would be different if we were languishing around mid table but this year is as great a chance as any to go up. This game would be a good opportunity to play the likes of Pearce who have been patiently waiting for their opportunity.

As an example, what if Keogh or Davies suddenly broke their leg? Pearce would be coming in with next to go match time this season and would be likely to make mistakes. At least playing him in games like these means that he will be ready if required as he will get some match fitness. If Lawrence isn't fit then I'd pick Martin too if we are intending to keep him.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The FA Cup simply is irrelevant these days. It's sad but true as the money is too great in the league. I highly doubt we would beat Man U if we played our strongest team anyway as they will be putting of their eggs into this basket as it's very unlikely they will win anything else. Anyway, it's not as if that team consists of under 23s. The likes of Pearce have been patiently waiting for their chance. Our team was knackered today. It would be sensible to make some changes. Winnall deserves to start again.

The FA cup for the Derby players, managers and fans is not irrelevant at all, it might be for yourself, but the fans I know would love to do well in the FA cup, and to have a chance of beating Manu we need to pick a strong line up, one thing I do agree with you on, is to play Winnall. So if we ever did get to a cup final, I take it you will not be attending. Winning a cup for most Rams fans would be something special to see.

I admire traditionalists who still have a place for the FA Cup but most teams see it as a distraction. Almost every premier league team last season played their reserve team in the early rounds. Maybe if the league cup was scrapped the FA Cup would regain its appeal. Perhaps also allowing the winner of the Fa cup to go into the champions league instead of the team who finishes 4th would help rekindle its spirit too.

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

The FA cup for the Derby players, managers and fans is not irrelevant at all, it might be for yourself, but the fans I know would love to do well in the FA cup, and to have a chance of beating Manu we need to pick a strong line up, one thing I do agree with you on, is to play Winnall. So if we ever did get to a cup final, I take it you will not be attending. Winning a cup for most Rams fans would be something special to see.

Hate to break it to you, but we will not win the FA Cup this season. Fielding a strong line up would give us a greater chance but not if the team were all knackered like today. I assume you attended today's game because they were huffing and puffing from the first minute to the last. Many will need rest. Maybe years down the line when we are an established premier league club we should aim to have a good cup run but not now. We would have a greater chance of winning the Fa cup if we are an established premier league club as we'd have better players to allow us to do so. 

2 minutes ago, KCG said:

Just been reading the Thorne thread and now this. Seems some get off on trolling their own club and fellow fans :(

Not trolling. We will not beat Man Utd on Friday regardless of whether we played our strongest team or not. We couldn't even beat a Sheffield Utd team who have been on their worst run of the season because the players were dead on their feet. 

Actually thinking about it, I'd argue we'd have a greater chance of a cup upset if we do choose a weaker team as the players coming in would be more motivated in wanting to start for the league matches and they'd be fresh.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Hate to break it to you, but we will not win the FA Cup this season. Fielding a strong line up would give us a greater chance but not if the team were all knackered like today. I assume you attended today's game because they were huffing and puffing from the first minute to the last. Many will need rest. Maybe years down the line when we are an established premier league club we should aim to have a good cup run but not now. We would have a greater chance of winning the Fa cup if we are an established premier league club as we'd have better players to allow us to do so. 

Yes I was at today's game, and I am going to Manu, every game I go to , I believe my team has a chance of winning and on Friday myself and thousands of others will be willing us on to the victory, and hope every player will be giving his all, do you only go to league games? And would you go IF we got to Wembley in the FA cup final? And winning a cup should be important to all Rams fans, as the last time we won any silver wear was back in 1975, I have been going since 1979. So yes I would love to get to a cup final any time soon.

Look at how Winnall came in and took his chance against Ipswich. Rowett got criticised for playing him because some viewed rotation as wrong. Look at how motivated he was. Let me reiterate, I'm not suggesting to play under 23s. I'm suggesting to play players who have been around the squad  but haven't started often recently e.g Wisdom, Olsson, Pearce, Thorne, Winnall, possibly Martin. They're not exactly wasters are they?

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

Yes I was at today's game, and I am going to Manu, every game I go to , I believe my team has a chance of winning and on Friday myself and thousands of others will be willing us on to the victory, and hope every player will be giving his all, do you only go to league games? And would you go IF we got to Wembley in the FA cup final? And winning a cup should be important to all Rams fans, as the last time we won any silver wear was back in 1975, I have been going since 1979. So yes I would love to get to a cup final any time soon.

I'd love to go to a cup final in my lifetime but I'm realistic for this season. Call that negative or whatever but we 100% won't be reaching the FA cup final the way the squad is at the moment. I'm arguing that we'd have a greater chance of having a successful cup run if we were in the premier league as we'd have greater players at our disposal.

Just now, G-Ram said:

We’ve got no chance just like Bristol City had no chance against them? & they got spanked today 

we have every chance of giving it a good go 

Difference was that Bristol City were playing at home. Before Man City defeated them, Man Utd had not lost at home in 40+ matches which included the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and champions league teams. We won't beat them. I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic which is why I won't be annoyed if we got hammered on Friday.

28 minutes ago, McLovin said:

As an example, what if Keogh or Davies suddenly broke their leg? Pearce would be coming in with next to go match time this season and would be likely to make mistakes. At least playing him in games like these means that he will be ready if required as he will get some match fitness. If Lawrence isn't fit then I'd pick Martin too if we are intending to keep him.

What if Pearce broke his leg? 

What if about the whataboutery?

What you’re saying it’s ok for Pearce to suffer an injury but not Keogh or Davies?

Who plays then? Whose on bench then? Who has had no game time then?

Give up

I think this match will be great opportunity to give some of our fringe players a game. It will raise the possibility of their transfer fee increasing from their current value and some could attract interest in a loan move to other clubs.

For example, Shackell had his best game for us against WBA in the FA Cup last season after being out of the team for most of the previous two months and can make another positive performance.

Hopefully, Ledley and Lawrence will recover from their minor injuries, if they don't then Bennett and Huddlestone can come into the team. 

Vydra, Keogh, Curtis, Carson, Forsyth, Baird and Nugent need a rest after playing many games this season.

Mitchell

Wisdom    Pearce   Shackell  Ollson

Thorne     Ledley

Anya            Martin             Lawrence

Winnall

Archived