Third-year project help

Sherlock37

Hi all

I'm currently in my third and final year of university studying BA Photojournalism. I'm looking to get some research as part of my first semester project into football fans and how football is consumed by an audience. I wasn't quite sure where to put this question in the forum, so considering it is about pubs then it is probably best to be in this section of the forum!

My question is, what is your preferred / local / go-to pub for drinks on match-days, both pre- and post-match?

If you could please supply your first name in each answer, your age, and a 20-word or less summary of the reasoning behind why you attend that certain pub or drinking venue, that would be perfect. What I will be doing afterwards is simply compiling a list of the pubs that selected Derby County fans attend, and taking a photograph of each, with a comment below for each respective location. These will then be used within my project work, so not published anywhere other than in my own portfolio when it is sent off for submission.

I'm local to Derby and having been to a few games I am aware that there are numerous places around the city that groups of fans meet, so would be interesting to see what kind of demographic and geographic map is built up based on what you provide.

I am very thankful in advance for any help you all can provide.

Richard

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre match - New Bridge Inn Shelton Lock. An old local from my teens and meet old friends there before the match for a beer, bite to eat, game of darts and cards and bus to the match. 

Post match - Alexandra Hotel as within walking distance. More beer and cards before a walk into town for more beers before a bus/taxi journey home.

Sorry - my name is Gaz and I clearly didn't read your 20 word limit rule 

Photojournalism and you are asking about which pubs we drink in? I am sure it all ties in somewhere. :o

Angry..

The Waterfall, as I park by the hospital and it's on the way to the ground. Nothing special about the place, just convenient.

I'm not local to Derby by the way. 

Pre match - Seven Stars, Dolphin, Exeter, Tap, Neptune, Smithfield. 

Post match - Brunswick, Alex, Widows, Victoria. 

I travel down from Cromford by train in the morning, I drink too much and I like to go for a wander. 

You can use this information as long as you never say 'semester' again. Lin, 52. 

Thank you all very much for your replies so far. 

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Photojournalism and you are asking about which pubs we drink in? I am sure it all ties in somewhere. :o

It does, somewhere!

1 hour ago, Lambchop said:

You can use this information as long as you never say 'semester' again. Lin, 52. 

Thank you Lin, yes - noted!

On 20/11/2017 at 18:20, Ghost of Clough said:

Depends who I’m with and day/time. 

Pre match: Black Swan or Old Star for a pint or two whilst we all meet up -both in Uttoxeter. Then any combination out of Royal Telegraph, Waterfall, Brunswick and Frankie’s & Benny’s.

Post match: Waterfall

First name: Ghost 

Brilliant, thanks very much. I'm from Uttoxeter also, and will be attending tomorrow's game if you are too.

On 20/11/2017 at 16:15, Lambchop said:

Pre match - Seven Stars, Dolphin, Exeter, Tap, Neptune, Smithfield. 

Post match - Brunswick, Alex, Widows, Victoria. 

I travel down from Cromford by train in the morning, I drink too much and I like to go for a wander. 

Blimey, you must be off your face by the time you stagger to the ground.

12 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Blimey, you must be off your face by the time you stagger to the ground.

I don’t go in every pub every time, silly, but those are the ones I usually choose from; two or three before, one or two afterwards. 

Archived