London for next summer 2018.

DEL

Any suggestions for decent restaurants to eat also cafes and bars too? 

Any suggestions for two people to must go and do them? Museums arts etc 

Before you ask and it's 4 days in London so put any suggestions and no silly comments. 

I expect you will be commenting@Angry Ram 

Many Thanks 

DEL

P.S transport won't be a problem anyway. ?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pubs wise I like London boozers rather than trendy bars. We go to the duke of argyle in Soho for a few..good atmosphere, no music just a good pub.

20 minutes ago, DEL said:

Any suggestions for decent restaurants to eat also cafes and bars too? 

Any suggestions for two people to must go and do them? Museums arts etc 

Before you ask and it's 4 days in London so put any suggestions and no silly comments. 

I expect you will be commenting@Angry Ram 

Many Thanks 

DEL

P.S transport won't be a problem anyway. ?

Any of the museums mate.. The war museum is a favourite of mine but not for everyone.. Everyone likes the Natural History as well,  can’t really go wrong there.

The Tate Modern is strange but again worth a look. You may come out and think WTF was that all about.

Try Borough Market for street food and also the east end is becoming very trendy now, Brick Lane etc.

Food is difficult as people have such varied taste.. A Chinese in China Town.. Dim Sum is good, ducks feet etc.

I would still recommend a show and if you are not too fussed about what you see, leave it late and mooch around Leicester Square for a deal.

Just stick north of the river, nothing good happens on the south side.. :D Except Borough Market.

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Any of the museums mate.. The war museum is a favourite of mine but not for everyone.. Everyone likes the Natural History as well,  can’t really go wrong there.

The Tate Modern is strange but again worth a look. You may come out and think WTF was that all about.

Try Borough Market for street food and also the east end is becoming very trendy now, Brick Lane etc.

Food is difficult as people have such varied taste.. A Chinese in China Town.. Dim Sum is good, ducks feet etc.

I would still recommend a show and if you are not too fussed about what you see, leave it late and mooch around Leicester Square for a deal.

Just stick north of the river, nothing good happens on the south side.. :D Except Borough Market.

I think its quite nice on the south side from black friars down to borough market. 

45 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

The War Museum

Tate Modern

Borough Market

Not much happening south of the river then.?

I love the War Museum, could spend all 4 days there. If the weather is nice Greenwich is good. The maritime museum, park and observatory. 

Don't go to the natural history museum if it's raining as you have to queue outside.

There are loads of restaurants in Leicester Square but be aware you often have to queue to get in the better ones.

The houses of parliament are well worth a visit and walk from Westminter to the Tower of London along the South Bank is great.

Couple of ideas DEL.

- Churchill war rooms. Which is a museum  (part of imperial war museum ) showing underground bunkers from which Churchill ran ww2.

- aldwych tube station tour. You can spend about an hour touring a disused tube station which shows how the underground functions. 

Dining idea.....

- Goodman city on Old Jewry. Brill if you like steak. They have them hanging in wooden cabinets on view. And a "menu"" of steaks of the day - from which cattle,  where they were bred etc not cheap but really good. 

Have a good time! 

Others have alluded to it but my favourite thing to do is definitely walking along the south bank from Westminster Bridge, having a couple of beer stops & ending up at Borough Market.

I was disappointed with the Tate modern last time I went. Didn't seem as good as previous visits but obviously stuff changes pretty frequently.

Also can't beat a bit of people watching in Covent Garden.

20 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Couple of ideas DEL.

- Churchill war rooms. Which is a museum  (part of imperial war museum ) showing underground bunkers from which Churchill ran ww2.

- aldwych tube station tour. You can spend about an hour touring a disused tube station which shows how the underground functions. 

Dining idea.....

- Goodman city on Old Jewry. Brill if you like steak. They have them hanging in wooden cabinets on view. And a "menu"" of steaks of the day - from which cattle,  where they were bred etc not cheap but really good. 

Have a good time! 

Del's asking how to show a lady a good time in London, and you suggest a bunker, then taking her down the tube?

Shame on you!

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Del's asking how to show a lady a good time in London, and you suggest a bunker, then taking her down the tube?

Shame on you!

Del didn’t mention the gender of his companion, and you have casually assumed they might be female. Shame on you. We should be open, and embrace the fact, that Del might like to take his companion up The Shard.

Archived