Our biggest strength

dcfcfan1

We arent reliant on one player..like 2013-2014 (we needed thorne for a 4-3-3 to work). We can lose a cm, a striker and even a winger and we will still be hard to beat as a team. Arguably Carson and keogh the only two players that would be a huge loss for us

We hopefully be the team that will be less affected by injuries during the season

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm quite worried of how we'll do when Ledley leaves or gets injured/suspended. We struggled with Johnson next to Huddlestone and we don't know if the Kieftenbeld deal is still happening or not as he's featured regularly in Brum's first team so they might not want to lose him now.

Just now, dcfcfan1 said:

We arent reliant on one player..like 2013-2014 (we needed thorne for a 4-3-3 to work). We can lose a cm, a striker and even a winger and we will still be hard to beat as a team. Arguably Carson and keogh the only two players that would be a huge loss for us

We hopefully be the team that will be less affected by injuries during the season

Thorne hardly played in 2013-14. First started against forest in mid march.

We stumbled on that 433 almost by accident I thought with Mac. Certainly he didn't inherit that from NC.

39 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Well I'm quite worried of how we'll do when Ledley leaves or gets injured/suspended. We struggled with Johnson next to Huddlestone and we don't know if the Kieftenbeld deal is still happening or not as he's featured regularly in Brum's first team so they might not want to lose him now.

Not last night, Ledley went off one nil down. Enjoy the ride, I'm sure Gary and the team have it in hand behind the scenes.

30 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Thorne hardly played in 2013-14. First started against forest in mid march.

We stumbled on that 433 almost by accident I thought with Mac. Certainly he didn't inherit that from NC.

It took 45 mins of the Ipswich match to realise that that team wasn't suited to 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 brought him his success at Twente.

It’s nice not to be reliant on the odd player but then also it’s about time too considering the amount we’ve invested. 

Vydra 8, Nuge 3, Lawrence 5, Johnson 6 just to throw a few out there... for 20 million plus we shouldn’t expect any less! 

Remember that winnall and ledley aren't exactly secured.

Plus A few in the final year of contracts, could lead to further changes in january.

14 hours ago, RamNut said:

Remember that winnall and ledley aren't exactly secured.

Plus A few in the final year of contracts, could lead to further changes in january.

If the team is doing well, this is an attractive club to play for, so I would expect most players would want to be part of that. Of course other factors such as finance will come into play. I think Winnall is on a season loan. Ledley would probably stay if the right offer is made. 

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

Never been reliant on one player. No team ever has

5 hours ago, philmycock said:

Napoli was with Maradona

Who also single-handedly took Argentina to the 1990 World Cup Final.

I agree with the original premise that we fell apart without a defensive central midfielder and fulcrum for the attack before. Now we have great forward options and because we're playing with two defensive midfielders the catastrophic loss of a fit George Thorne hasn't been as apparent. But we're all hoping Georgie Boy can take the next step back to becoming a first team regular which, in turn, will dramatically improve our play and options.

Up front, we'll be a better team if Chrissy Martin can start banging the goals in again, but it shows strength in depth that he's not been a name on the teamsheet, let alone the first one.

We would struggle without Carson. Mitchell has never convinced me. And Keogh just gets better than better and we would miss him, but two of Davies, Shackell and Pearce are still very good options.

Archived