Places to eat in Derby

RebelScum

Hi Guy's,

Im in Derby for the weekend of 11-12th November, got a mates party and will go to the Remembrance Parade on the Sunday. We always like to go for something to eat afterwards but I'm a bit out of touch with what Derby has nowadays. Can anyone offer a little known gem of a place? Would prefer Traditional English type fare.

Mucho-gracie

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

How is the centre of derby for a night out now?

Myself and a group of friends meet up once a year for drinks and a meal and I haven't done derby for years.....

Plenty of decent pubs/bars if you start at Friar Gate, then work your way towards the top of Salder Gate.  No decent clubs though.

As for places to eat, you're spoilt for choice really...

15 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm well past clubs mate,decent beer,food and a good atmosphere is all I can cope with?

It depends what you want. Plenty of good ale pubs that you probably know about, the youngsters tend to stick up Friargate and the older pissheads like myself go for the grottier lively pubs like the Whitehorse and the Metro bar.

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

I heard that you have to pay an 'enterance' fee?

We're open from 5pm no Friday and 12pm on Saturday and only charge £2 after 7pm. Mainly because we need door staff seeing as it's night time down at the River Gardens! However I like to think that's balanced by a meal costing about £7 and pints being £3.50 which is fairly decent in this day and age!

Archived