"Come on, let's see those flags waving - this is a great start! Keep it up!"

Duracell

On 10/22/2017 at 19:43, Ewe Ram said:

Never mind The Killers and flags, what in the name of Jesus have the Americans done to F1?? 

Don’t ever complain about plastic hype again! 

I had to switch channels until I guessed they had started the formation lap it was so awful. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/10/2017 at 23:38, Leicester Ram said:

I don't have too strong of an opinion on this, it's a bit cringe but that's about as far as it goes for me. Big improvement on how it used to be. I'll never forget getting my two minute warning that a Paul Connolly led Derby team was coming out the tunnel.

But the bloke on the mic does need to know when to give it a rest. I understand it's his job but I particularly do not care for being told to cheer whatever is going on at half-time. Yeah, Charlie George and co are Derby legends but it's a half-time game of walking football between some 70 year olds. I'm not going to f****** bounce. 

Every ground has a bloke on the mic and it's a difficult job, it's really hard to not be irritating. But you have to have a bit of self-awareness about the fact you're telling about 20,000 grown men to wave their little Derby flag. We've had them for years now, people know what they're doing.

giphy.gif

I moved to the South Stand for the atmosphere and apart from OssieRam and his pals in E block it’s pretty rubbish, full of families and non-singers, it needs a complete rehaul, with singers moved together, people only moved there for the cheap seats and it doesn’t work as it should, it needs changing

24 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I moved to the South Stand for the atmosphere and apart from OssieRam and his pals in E block it’s pretty rubbish, full of families and non-singers, it needs a complete rehaul, with singers moved together, people only moved there for the cheap seats and it doesn’t work as it should, it needs changing

Move back then? 

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

It does work against the gumps or when we're doing well to be fair. I'm in F block and some of us join in every song. 

10 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

If I was in the south I’d want to move because I don’t like to stand up. People should be  able to relocate from there at a favourable cost if they don’t want to be there. 

When the stand first became available to Derby fans it was with the intention of being that type of stand though.

If anybody moved there expecting to sit then that’s sheer stupidity 

19 hours ago, philmycock said:

The singing stand should be priced higher than average. It’s worth the extra to stand, sing and act the age I was 20 years ago. It should have an over 16 rule. Let the families in for cheap but Fill the  north stand with them. It’s not rocket science. 

The flags are ok looked good last two games imo, and the music is kind of ok but have to agree that Clown with the mic needs to rein it in. It’s in your DNA youth, ffs it makes me suck my teeth in. We don’t need him, save some cash Mel, get rid :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, cannable said:

When the stand first became available to Derby fans it was with the intention of being that type of stand though.

If anybody moved there expecting to sit then that’s sheer stupidity 

That’s why I’m not in there. But if there’s anyone in there who doesn’t want to join in they should be allowed to move maybe? Just thinking of all the comments about people only being there for the cheap seats. 

2 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

That’s why I’m not in there. But if there’s anyone in there who doesn’t want to join in they should be allowed to move maybe? Just thinking of all the comments about people only being there for the cheap seats. 

They took advantage of what was supposed to be a reward for those who try to give something back, f*** ‘em

4 hours ago, Doodle said:

The singing stand should be priced higher than average. It’s worth the extra to stand, sing and act the age I was 20 years ago. It should have an over 16 rule. Let the families in for cheap but Fill the  north stand with them. It’s not rocket science. 

They should train the cameras on the south stand and weed out those that don't sing and let those of us that create an atmosphere in for free :p

• 1 month later...

Tuesday night was terrible, the fire machine things, the clown with the mic "come on west stand" "come on east stand" we're the loudest, we're the proudest...come on your Rams ???? please stop this, we're not in the NFL please let it stop ?

5 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

It was excruciatingly loud again in the West stand. Just a touch quieter and stop playing that bleeding Killers/GnR mash up, it’s bloody awful. 

White Riot all the way!

No issue with the choice of music but I swear the volume made my ears bleed.

Did anyone notice they actually cut the music a little earlier and not just as the game kicked off? 

Archived