Ledley or the Brum lad in Jan.

Boycie

Should we sign Ledley or the lad from Brum we’d never heard of but felt let down that the fool had signed the wrong page?  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 13:38, EnigmaRam said:

Hudds had A great first half and terrible second half on Saturday.

as to the original question. We should sign Ledley over kleftmeister.

we still need to get rid of Bryson, butters, bent and Anya though 

We definitely do not need to get rid of Bryson. We need him back. The others I agree with.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

We definitely do not need to get rid of Bryson. We need him back. The others I agree with.

We either need to keep Bryson or sign a similar replacement - a midfield runner who's strength lies in the attacking rather than defensive half of the pitch. Currently we are too static in midfield and the addition of just one more mobile player in that area would change the dynamics significantly.

Given the situation at the time, selling Jeff Hendrick for £10m was a right and sensible decision but he's the type of player who would now fit well into GRs' side providing he has improved his consistency.

31 minutes ago, JG400 said:

So the choice is either 

1. A young hungry player who played his heart out under Rowett or a
  2. Old Premier league has been, who will want big wages to stay in Jan

I guess you can see where my vote went

Since when was 27 classed as young and 30 as an old has been?

The argument about Ledley being old is ridiculous! 30 might have been old for a footballer a few years ago when players’ lifestyle and diet was so different and tackles were allowed but it’s changed now. Top level players are managed so carefully that they don’t age is quick, they look after their muscles and fitness much better. Ledley took about 15 minutes to recover from a broken leg last year and has settled quickly into our midfield after 5 months off. Unless you’re a big fan of foreign names or you have a phobia of beards or Welshmen then I can’t really see why there is even a debate for this! 

It isn't even a debate is it. A full international who has played in the prem for most of his career and has been absolutely excellent for us since he came. Or a man only 3 years younger deemed surplus to requirements at a side struggling at this level.

Ledley please.

How is it we obliterated our midfield by getting rid of Butters and Bryson and loaning out Elsnik, we make a balls up with keiftenbeld, make a last minute signing in Ledley and end up with almost the best midfield in the division?

Thorne, Johnson, Huddlestone and Ledley. I wouldn't fancy seeing that line up against my team.

I slated Rowett for an appalling transfer window...apologies Gary, as you were.

Nothing will convince me that selling hughes for £4.5m was a good idea.

i'd like us to have found a role for Bryson as - ironically - he seems to be the most rowett type of midfielder we have.

losing butterfield - not bothered.

the change to 4231 means we need more holding midfielders.

there is room for ledley and keith plus huddlestone and thorne if johnson is going to play further forward.

But that would spell the end for Hanson, butterfield and bryson.

39 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Nothing will convince me that selling hughes for £4.5m was a good idea.

i'd like us to have found a role for Bryson as - ironically - he seems to be the most rowett type of midfielder we have.

losing butterfield - not bothered.

the change to 4231 means we need more holding midfielders.

there is room for ledley and keith plus huddlestone and thorne if johnson is going to play further forward.

But that would spell the end for Hanson, butterfield and bryson.

We might have had to sell due to shackell Bent and wieman still being here which nobody thought they would be last March,!

Archived