Ledley or the Brum lad in Jan.

Boycie

Should we sign Ledley or the lad from Brum we’d never heard of but felt let down that the fool had signed the wrong page?  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sage said:

Neither.

Can we have someone who can run AND pass.

I sorta agree but given the choice between the two I'd take Ledley. Too be honest I'd rather sign Ledley up, let Johnson go and bring in somebody mobile. I think if Thorne was 100% then him and Ledley would be ok as a 2. They wouldn't necessarily be the sharpest but I don't think they would get overrun like we can do with Huddlestone there.

11 hours ago, Bwash_Ram said:

Ideally we need them both, but providing GT is fully fit, the brummie lad offers us something we dont already have.

The last thing we want is both. We already have about half a dozen too many players.

Here's what Cotterill and Rowett have said about Kieftenbeld of late: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-what-steve-cotterill-13792415

I think a lot will depend on how GT is once he is up and running and how his legs are. I would like to see a Ledley and GT in the middle of the park, Ledley being calm and composed using his experience with GT picking out the passes and pulling the strings. 

In my view the middle two at Derby are both the wrong choice. For a 4-2-3-1 to work the two in front of the defence need to be mobile, tenacious and energetic both to protect the defence and give the forwards a platform to get forward. Ledley is ok but Huddlestone is far too slow and languid. As a result the whole team plays far too deep and leaves the forwards isolated. It is notable that Rowett tried to sign Leadbitter from Boro who plays the holding midfield role very well.

I don't know much about Kieftenbelt but if he can run,tackle and pass we should sign him.

2 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

It is notable that Rowett tried to sign Leadbitter from Boro who plays the holding midfield role very well.

I don't know much about Kieftenbelt but if he can run,tackle and pass we should sign him.

How is it notable when he signed Hudds instead?

52 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How is it notable when he signed Hudds instead?

He didn't sign Huddlestone instead. He tried to sign Leadbitter close to the transfer deadline and well after signing Huddlestone.Leadbitter and Clayton were a far better midfield partnership than anything we have.

5 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

He didn't sign Huddlestone instead. He tried to sign Leadbitter close to the transfer deadline and well after signing Huddlestone.Leadbitter and Clayton were a far better midfield partnership than anything we have.

You were suggesting a different type of midfield to that of Rowett, 'the midfield two are wrong' if we had signed Leadbitter GR still wouldn't be playing 'your' way. So I don't see how the Leadbitter interest is notable.

Leadbitter is a tenacious, energetic ball winner and a very different player to Huddlestone. Leadbitter and Clayton were very effective in a 4-2-3-1 formation which got Boro promoted. In my view the front 4 get isolated because our middle 2 play too deep and don't have the legs to support the attacking 4. Hence we make hard work of beating 10 men!

With Ledley, Hudds and Thorne we have 3 proven players. This Brum lad could'nt get into their team recently. Johnson can also play in that holding position if we have injuries. Also don't forget Baird. Its a no brainer, we don't need him to sign in January, we need to sign Ledley NOW on a longer contract before he moves on to a bigger club.

Archived