Ledley or the Brum lad in Jan.

Boycie

Should we sign Ledley or the lad from Brum we’d never heard of but felt let down that the fool had signed the wrong page?  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/10/2017 at 08:33, Anag Ram said:

I think Ledley’s experience could be invaluable in a promotion push.

We need an extra midfielder — someone young and fit. Shame we missed out on Ollie Watkins. 

At the moment we have a bit of a disconnect between midfield and attack.

There's a lad at Watford who never plays that could be a semi decent link player.

If we can afford to, I'd extend Ledley's contract til the end of the season.  I'd love to see a run of games with him & Thorne in the middle together.  Listening to the game on Saturday, every other minutes it was "Huddlestone gives the ball away" & "Huddlestone has lost possession".  He's been off the pace for a couple of games now...

14 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

If we can afford to, I'd extend Ledley's contract til the end of the season.  I'd love to see a run of games with him & Thorne in the middle together.  Listening to the game on Saturday, every other minutes it was "Huddlestone gives the ball away" & "Huddlestone has lost possession".  He's been off the pace for a couple of games now...

Too be honest I thought he was a lot better on Saturday than he was against forest. He was actively looking to control the play much more and actively looking for the killer ball more. Did he execute it well enough? Not all the time and he did give away possession cheaply a couple times. 

But against forest he looked hesitant, low on confidence and wasn't trying to effect the game or control the game.

7 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Too be honest I thought he was a lot better on Saturday than he was against forest. He was actively looking to control the play much more and actively looking for the killer ball more. Did he execute it well enough? Not all the time and he did give away possession cheaply a couple times. 

But against forest he looked hesitant, low on confidence and wasn't trying to effect the game or control the game.

TBF, I need to take Radio Derby's commentary with a pinch of salt these days.  They made out Weds were carving out gilt-edged chances one after the other, and after watching the highlights, they were anything but...

31 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

More often than not its the same. I've stopped listening.

Saying that, even the great Graham Richards talked up a few goals as being wonder strikes, and when you eventually saw them on Central on a Sunday afternoon, they weren't anything special.  I guess they have to make it as exciting as possible for the neutral...

Surely the first question has to be Ledley or Thorne, if Thorne isn’t fit by end of Jan you got to question whether we renew his contract or try and move him out.

only once Thorne’s future is decided can we decide if Ledley is the right player or someone else.

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

TBF, I need to take Radio Derby's commentary with a pinch of salt these days.  They made out Weds were carving out gilt-edged chances one after the other, and after watching the highlights, they were anything but...

I completely agree about radio derby. On the game though the highlights did miss off at least two very dangerous moments Wednesday worked but they also missed off Russell's penalty shout. 

12 minutes ago, JABBA said:

Surely the first question has to be Ledley or Thorne, if Thorne isn’t fit by end of Jan you got to question whether we renew his contract or try and move him out.

only once Thorne’s future is decided can we decide if Ledley is the right player or someone else.

Intresting name Jabba but are you one of the jabba’s ?

1 hour ago, JABBA said:

Not even a question for me - I'd have Thorne instead of any other player in the side - Including Carson :D

3 hours ago, cheron85 said:

For me it has to be the guy who was the manager's first choice - Which I'd suggest was Keiftenbeld

Maybe we did enquire about Ledders, but were set back at his initial reluctance to play in the chumpionship.

9 hours ago, JABBA said:

Why ship him out keep all three, having Ledley, Thorne and Hudders fighting for two slots is going to keep them on their toes. Also if one of them picks up an injury then you have a quality cover.

16 hours ago, Boycie said:

Maybe we did enquire about Ledders, but were set back at his initial reluctance to play in the chumpionship.

Perhaps - I see two most simple possibilities at the moment:

1) He was a second choice after we missed Keiftenbeld - I which case I'd still go for him as Rowett's first choice (assuming we can still get him)

2) He was first choice but turned us down because he wanted to play at a higher level - Only accepted a contract with us because we offered a short term deal to try and get himself a move elsewhere - Has now changed his mind and thinks Derby would be a great place to be

I'm not naive enough to suggest we are always going to get players who are crazy about the club (or even know who we are eh Bradley?) - And I think with our training facilities, ambition, fanbase and location I imagine we'd be an attractive prospect once someone settles in - But I'd still prefer a player who stated we were his first choice than his backup option

Archived