30,000 Flags a'flappin'

Ellafella

12 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Quite right. Its a shame but for me this excellent forum is starting to become a no-go area. 

The astonishing level of negativity by a small  vocal minority is beginning to ruin it.

Its the same no matter what the subject is , no matter what the club does, whatever the outcome of the match : there's always a problem for some. Whether its 30,000 flags being put out for our biggest game of the season, an offer by the owner of free or very cheap season tickets, a local rap star doing a funny pre-match routine, a 5-nil drubbing of a recent premier team, a good result away at the league leaders. Never good enough/always something wrong 

Its becoming incredibly tiresome and just drags you down, making you realise that you really shouldn't be spending your valuable time in the company of  people with this kind of inherent attitude : its bad for you 

A no-go area because not everyone share's the same opinion , bit over the top 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

No, hes not saying that mick. Read it again.

I understand what he's saying and some people will find fault with everything , win 5-0 tomorrow and someone will find a negative , free cash handed out at the turnstiles it won't be enough , free scarfs and someone will moan their not made of silk , I understand what he means but that's just part of life and how the human race is!

2 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Quite right. Its a shame but for me this excellent forum is starting to become a no-go area. 

The astonishing level of negativity by a small  vocal minority is beginning to ruin it.

Its the same no matter what the subject is , no matter what the club does, whatever the outcome of the match : there's always a problem for some. Whether its 30,000 flags being put out for our biggest game of the season, an offer by the owner of free or very cheap season tickets, a local rap star doing a funny pre-match routine, a 5-nil drubbing of a recent premier team, a good result away at the league leaders. Never good enough/always something wrong 

Its becoming incredibly tiresome and just drags you down, making you realise that you really shouldn't be spending your valuable time in the company of  people with this kind of inherent attitude : its bad for you 

I note you don't include the performances at Sheffield and Bristol in your over-generalised summary. Be honest, there has been little to get excited about so far.

When the results pick up the tone of the forum will change, but if you can't stand contrary opinions then an internet forum is not the place for you.

2 hours ago, David said:

If we win 5-0 tomorrow and anyone starts moaning I'm swinging me ban hammer :D

I get knocked down..... but I'll get up again...,.

9 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Cheer up chicken....

11 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Well I think it’s great, can you imagine a youngster attending their first ever game tomorrow and seeing all those flags and the atmosphere they’ll help generate ? It could stay with them for life and be a catalyst for a lifelong association with the club.

Well done to those that gave up their time, hope you all enjoy the game.

Too right. My kids are going to their 2nd ever game today. Their 1st was Pearson's last game when we lost to Blackburn. And they loved that day. Hopefully this one will blow their mind.

Looked great and Vydra said it was great walking out seeing that. But if some fans think that players respond better to booing then you won’t change their minds. I’ve been there before putting flags out on a freezing cold day and I wish I could ram one up the noses of those who moan about them 

I showed a soccer-loathing mate the scene at PPS before the match and he was absolutely awestruck by the scene.

Could not believe how good it looked and sounded.

I then, however, made the mistake of showing Ben (who is part Aboriginal) the photo at the start of this thread...he immediately said “it looks like the KKK”.

I had another look and I don’t know how I didn’t see it earlier....it DOES look like a meeting of the KKK!

On 10/14/2017 at 14:43, Ellafella said:

Yes it's not everybody's cup of tea but I suspect it does give the {Derby} players that little bit more of a lift and may be serves to shrink the opposition just a tad. As GR says, we'll take any of the fine margins that gives us an advantage.

The "home" effect has been quite well researched in social psychology and sport psychology {"social facilitation"} and shows that increased noise, colour and movement "in support" of the home team produces notable increases in noradrenalin, exertion and performance. So @King Kevin please flap it around with pride tomorrow...and I'm talking about your flag. :mellow:

Did you have to cut up the bin bags or was that already done? It used to be proper material...... another sign of cutting back.

There were two flags on my seat and nowhere to get rid.

Archived