30,000 Flags a'flappin'

Ellafella

30iys79.jpg

30,000 flags in place. They are slightly larger than before and are made of plastic and are plain black and white. When I left the stadium today, a breeze got up and there was quite a sensational sight of black and white shimmering flags making quite a noise as they flapped away...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Maybe it's just me but I find this slightly cringe worthy.

Yes it's not everybody's cup of tea but I suspect it does give the {Derby} players that little bit more of a lift and may be serves to shrink the opposition just a tad. As GR says, we'll take any of the fine margins that gives us an advantage.

The "home" effect has been quite well researched in social psychology and sport psychology {"social facilitation"} and shows that increased noise, colour and movement "in support" of the home team produces notable increases in noradrenalin, exertion and performance. So @King Kevin please flap it around with pride tomorrow...and I'm talking about your flag. :mellow:

Just now, Simsy said:

Can’t see how this is a negative in any way. Sea of black and white just as requested by b4

Because some of our 'fans' are stuck in a constant negative grind. You want to see some of the posts about it on twitter. Well actually, you don't. 

Makes you feel glad you gave up your Saturday morning to do something positive for the club. :unsure:

48 minutes ago, angieram said:

Because some of our 'fans' are stuck in a constant negative grind. You want to see some of the posts about it on twitter. Well actually, you don't. 

Makes you feel glad you gave up your Saturday morning to do something positive for the club. :unsure:

Come on thats a bit unfair, i mean i think sadly this idea hasnt been thought through thoroughly enough to be fit for purpose for a large portion of our fan base, i think maybe they could have printed slogans on each flag, some thoughts i had we could go with are :

Rowett Out, Mel the Meddler, Keoghs Mistake - AGAIN!, Bloody Johnny Russell, We will lose!, Half empty stadium, Boo!, 5-0? Pah - Possession stats - Disgraceful!

Just a few, im sure we could have come up with more.

2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

This isn't my thing, but there are thousands who don't think like me and will enjoy having a flange to wave, and all credit to those who pay for them and those who spend their free time putting them out.

We are next to the treetards in the South stand anyway and they don't normally allow us to have them :p

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

30iys79.jpg

30,000 flags in place. They are slightly larger than before and are made of plastic and are plain black and white. When I left the stadium today, a breeze got up and there was quite a sensational sight of black and white shimmering flags making quite a noise as they flapped away...

Well done - great job - at the end of the game do we leave them or take them?

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

30iys79.jpg

Looks good, do I get one in the south east corner. We don’t tend to get one on the forest match due to H&S. 

Archived