What if

1of4

After reading the what if threads in Rams Talk. I was wondering if anyone as had major what if in their own life.

My own what if. What if I and my former work mates had got one more number correct on the lottery then we would have all been multi millionaires and could have stuck two fingers up to our cnut of a boss and not all made redundant later that year when the company was shut down.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, David said:

Split up with a girlfriend who went on to win the the lottery the next weekend. When I say win she was in a works syndicate but they all won like 50k or something each. 

She's now got a kid though so was a lucky escape.

Kid counting his/her blessings?

What if I didn't leave Derby, what if my Dad never asked me to look into how to create a website would you all be on Derby Mad tonight?

What if I didn't bump into the troll that is Boyice on the NEP forum, would he be paying full price for Apple products brand new

47 minutes ago, David said:

What if I didn't leave Derby, what if my Dad never asked me to look into how to create a website would you all be on Derby Mad tonight?

What if I didn't bump into the troll that is Boyice on the NEP forum, would he be paying full price for Apple products brand new

Who?

There's an old mate (despite being a dick sometimes) who was very tall, very handsome, tanned easily, very capable, very confident, and could fight.

Anyway, at about 16 years of age he shagged this horny blonde (not surprising) and got a major dose of herpes. Got really sick. This is bearing in mind that for those of us and our large boyish community who were shagging at this age (most of us) herpes was a no no no no no no no no!!!

He struggled to even get a girl to talk to and at age 50, as far as I know, is single and childless.

What if?

The R.A.F. taught me to fly in the ATC got my O levels went for aircrew assessment at Biggin Hill and got accepted .Spent the summer riding round Skeggy ,Brighton  on my Lambretta fighting with the grebbo's and generally havin a good time .

Missed my call up date ,gets to September and my old man clips me round the ear and say's ain't it time you got job?

Ended up as a GPO engineer not much difference eh?

What if .... you get hit by a bus in an hour?

Live life to the full and don't look back.

There is a reason you didn't do things at particular point in your life. I was invited to spend a summer in an isolated cottage with two page three girls back in 1990. If i had gone, I would have missed out on SAS selection and would not be the alligator wrestling gigolo I am now.

#bull****er

:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

What if .... you get hit by a bus in an hour?

Live life to the full and don't look back.

There is a reason you didn't do things at particular point in your life. I was invited to spend a summer in an isolated cottage with two page three girls back in 1990. If i had gone, I would have missed out on SAS selection and would not be the alligator wrestling gigolo I am now.

#bull****er

:thumbsup:

I agree.

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, King Kevin said:

The R.A.F. taught me to fly in the ATC got my O levels went for aircrew assessment at Biggin Hill and got accepted .Spent the summer riding round Skeggy ,Brighton  on my Lambretta fighting with the grebbo's and generally havin a good time .

Missed my call up date ,gets to September and my old man clips me round the ear and say's ain't it time you got job?

Ended up as a GPO engineer not much difference eh?

Did not have you down as a Biggles type old boy.. Sea Cadet me, always ran the ATC, pussies.

I was similar, all set to join the Navy, was really keen and just about to sign up and lost my bottle.. Now I am in logistics ffs and spend my days arguing with pillocks about trends and stats. 

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Did not have you down as a Biggles type old boy.. Sea Cadet me, always ran the ATC, pussies.

I was similar, all set to join the Navy, was really keen and just about to sign up and lost my bottle.. Now I am in logistics ffs and spend my days arguing with pillocks about trends and stats. 

I got chucked out the Sea Cadets ,when I graduated from a cub to a cadet it was tradional the throw your hat in the canal .I threw the lad in after mine .

Archived