Derby fans last couple of seasons

Tricky1884

1 minute ago, Tricky1884 said:

I get your point it's always happened. The teams not perfect and I don't think anyone's happy with it I'm not. But hates just become a reflex reaction when we don't win it makes it pointless. Its not thought out or well written. It's more the personal stuff flung at Rowett, Mel and Keogh I don't like.  I just think it goes over the top. One day we'll get a "well that was w**k" after a 3-0 win. 

We had that 2 weeks ago when we won 5-0 from some posters :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Its human nature to moan sometimes.

How many times do we see a new poster who seems to have joined just to have a moan. If you look back at match day threads people always seem to have more to say on threads where we lost/played badly than when we won.

You see comments saying 'worst performance ever, or since whenever', its a kneejerk reaction, even yesterdays performance, as bad as it was,wasnt the worst in the past year never mind ever.

Its a frustation i think with most posters, we were in a great position at the end of 13/14 and we havent built on it, in fact we have gone backwards, im sure most of us share this frustration.

Some of the moaning is OTT though, the Keogh thread borders on obsessive, its almost like some people just watch him and look for his mistakes, madness.

There is an old bloke behind me who loves a good boo, he didnt actually yesterday which amazed me.

I dare bet some people would find some reason to complain if they won £20 million on the lottery....

Give us 20 million and the silence will be deafening.

The blame falls on a combination of the internet, social media/forums, video games, Sky Sports and Steve McClaren.

Sky Sports not only has pumped a s*** ton of money into the game, it's also made football more accessible. You can watch live football now pretty much every day of the week. Top flight football from the best clubs across Europe.

Unrealistic expectations have been placed on players lower down the leagues, Irish centre backs are no longer afforded a mistake, clubs need to move the ball around the pitch like Barcelona.

It's easy because we can sign X player, place a bid, click the plus icon next to wages and he's in after a couple of continue game clicks. Top players. I've done it myself, had Derby County in the Premier League with Patrick Kluivert up top. Things have moved on a little now though as he's retired but still.

European bargains are found through scouting Google, not sure why Rowett was making excuses about the foreign market being difficult. Already found a decent midfielder myself whilst posting this

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-84-best-football-manager-2017-wonderkids-budget-under-ps35m-0

Moreto Cassama, deep lying playmaker available for 650k from Porto. Says 

Need to know: Manchester United-linked Portugal youth international who’s currently captaining Porto through this season’s UEFA Youth League campaign. Yet to debut for his club but the future is bright for this attacking midfielder.

Sounds like a bargain to me. Why are we not looking at this type of player?

Sign him and we can play that entertaining attacking football that McClaren gave us, the football which raised the bar of expectation that he failed to reach himself on his return.

Don't get me wrong I would absolutely love Rowett to click his fingers and emulate what McClaren achieved.

In fact, why won't he? Next time we lose I'll go online and ask the question on the internet, is Rowett up to the job?

Everytime we fail to win I will be on before 5pm to make sure his position is still being questioned. I can even jump on Twitter and start the hashtag #RowettOut and the minute Keogh comes on to tweet it was a good point but we should have played better, boy will I tell him what a f****** c*** he is and blame him for us not being in the Premier League.

In fact I'll blame everyone, Mel, you reading? take your money and do one, you think we need your money to survive? Ha, we'll get a rich Oil tycoon that has more money and won't sack his manager until I tell you it's time.

Fed up of you appointing managers I agree with at the time but turn out to be s***. Nobody will remember that because guess what, I'm sat at home behind a keyboard and you have no idea who I even am. Jokes on you!

3 hours ago, Tricky1884 said:

I get your point it's always happened. The teams not perfect and I don't think anyone's happy with it I'm not. But hates just become a reflex reaction when we don't win it makes it pointless. Its not thought out or well written. It's more the personal stuff flung at Rowett, Mel and Keogh I don't like.  I just think it goes over the top. One day we'll get a "well that was w**k" after a 3-0 win. 

After a 3-0 win? We got it after a 5-0 win! ?

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

No it's not 'not getting into the Prem we're abject failure'. But you (and me and others) can't help but notice we're pretty rubbish and have got rid of our more skilfull players? Why wouldn't the fans moan when we've been fed b******* Top 2 lines and he's bought old has beens as top replacements. The work in progress seems to be about stopping the house falling down now!

Yep, paying for the bad decisions of previous managers. It’s football. Teams win, lose and draw every week. Maybe I’m not cut out for football forums or twitter, I think people are way over the top. Gary and Mel aren’t talking b*******, they say what they expect. Unfortunately there’s 11 players who aren’t getting it right and another 11 trying to stop them. That’s football 

4 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

We're going backwards under Rowett ? Do you think it could be anything to do with the drivel that Clement signed ?

Partially, perhaps, are you seeing progress ? Fair play to you if you are. Look, I hope he proves me wrong, genuinely I do, but just in my workplace or social life, I tend to steer clear of those that say one thing and do another. 

Also, I have no time for those that like to use "buzzwords" and spin. "In the building" what's all that about for goodness sake ? He's sapping the goodwill away I wished on him, little by little, week by week. Sorry.

3 minutes ago, tinman said:

Some 'fans' just want the team to fail so that they can say "I told you so". It's a fact of life that people will always hope others fail so that they feel better about themselves. 

So, so true and this forum has its fair share. You could name them but that will only serve to massage their inflated egos even more.

4 minutes ago, tinman said:

Some 'fans' just want the team to fail so that they can say "I told you so". It's a fact of life that people will always hope others fail so that they feel better about themselves. 

When Derby lose, their fans become unhappy.

For some, that goes beyond mere disappointment and so they blame Derby for their general unhappiness.

Counsellors must be fed up with hearing Gary Rowett's name!

4 hours ago, Tricky1884 said:

Yeah the Keogh thing is crazy. We need bite in the middle because Huddlestone and Johnson as a two doesn't work for me. Vydra had a bad game. I'd like Wisdom back. I hope we change it a bit on Tuesday but that's about it for me. 

Can’t believe it. Criticising our midfielders and centre forward. Some people just can’t help themselves. Moan moan moan?

40 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Partially, perhaps, are you seeing progress ? Fair play to you if you are. Look, I hope he proves me wrong, genuinely I do, but just in my workplace or social life, I tend to steer clear of those that say one thing and do another. 

Also, I have no time for those that like to use "buzzwords" and spin. "In the building" what's all that about for goodness sake ? He's sapping the goodwill away I wished on him, little by little, week by week. Sorry.

Don't apologise , respect your honesty and I can see where your coming from and if we are going backwards I don't think Rowetts the man to place the blame on. Really who else could you think who would do a better job with the budget , squad , fan base that we have etc etc ....

5 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

We're going backwards under Rowett ? Do you think it could be anything to do with the drivel that Clement signed ?

Do you think the chopping and changing of manager after manager might be something to do with it? 

Different levels of moaning thats the thing, don't think anyone would be baking a at you tried cake after those games. Nobody should be afraid to call a s*** performance a s*** performance.

It's the days on days of relentless stats v stats to prove why X player isn't a professional football, never is, never has been as he didn't get the last touch before the ball was put in the net. 

It's the we singling out of individual players, the bumping topics of old the minute they put a foot wrong or not won a game is he the right man for the job?

It's the we should be beating teams like this like we have some superiority over clubs seen to be beneath us, we've been in this league for far too long to realise the craziness of results. Millwall beat Leeds the the other week top of the table 1-0, by all accounts they absolutely battered them. Derby draw and we're back questioning the manager.

As a fanbase we have to handle defeats better, understand they are part of the game like it or not, every defeat doesn't signal a new crisis, doesn't require us to fold the club and start scratch.

Barton was on talk sport last week going on about togetherness & feel good at his previous clubs saying it all comes from the top not just the manager but the chairman etc. 

I Still dont think its a coincidence that we've not looked right since Mel took over. We've had patches under the different managers but now we look disjointed. we need to stick by one manager & give them time. 

Our side on paper is probably one of the best teams in the division, unfortunately for us we play on grass not paper.  I think with the right man we can turn it around. Most sides in the division have potential to put a run together. I Remember when huddersfield sacked powell and the chairman said it was because he thought they should be pushing for promotion. I thought theyre lucky to be in this division get realistic, promotion never. They appointed wagner & with pretty much same team & a few signings & loans then went up the next season playing good football all because they had the right man. Surely someone can get this usless bunch presuming again 

5 hours ago, Tricky1884 said:

I don't start topics often. But what's up with some Derby fans. All I read is moan, moan, moan, "Derby are rubbish" etc. Any chance to stick the knife in some will. Yeah we haven't set the league alight so far but get over It! It's not gone to plan since the playoffs but slagging off the club any chance you can does nothing. These aren't dark days. We haven't got our goal keeping coach in goals.

Think its called being a football fan, fans of every team moan when they're not winning every week but I have to agree, lots of moaners at Pride Park, it affects the atmosphere and it's always so reactionary. There is a thought from Derby fans that because we have spent loads of money and are a so called big club in this league we have a right to go up, but there are so many other big spenders, ex Premier League teams with parachute money and big clubs, it's just so competitive. 

1 hour ago, tinman said:

Of course some 'fans' just want to be proved right, whether it's about GR being bad or GR being good, etc. But the majority of fans on here aren't like that. Nearly all Derby fans on here want to see Derby do well, and hopefully do well playing exciting football. It doesn't look like that at the minute.

Archived