Derby fans last couple of seasons

Tricky1884

I don't start topics often. But what's up with some Derby fans. All I read is moan, moan, moan, "Derby are rubbish" etc. Any chance to stick the knife in some will. Yeah we haven't set the league alight so far but get over It! It's not gone to plan since the playoffs but slagging off the club any chance you can does nothing. These aren't dark days. We haven't got our goal keeping coach in goals.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tricky1884 said:

I don't start topics often. But what's up with some Derby fans. All I read is moan, moan, moan, "Derby are rubbish" etc. Any chance to stick the knife in some will. Yeah we haven't set the league alight so far but get over It! It's not gone to plan since the playoffs but slagging off the club any chance you can does nothing. These aren't dark days. We haven't got our goal keeping coach in goals.

It's a small section that seem to have a big voice, for example yesterday. Some knob behind me booed at the final whistle. One person , but people will listen and remember that one person. It's by no means the dark days were in the beat position off the pitch that I can remember it's just on it that needs a tweak here and there. 

Maybe if Rowett didn't give us the schpiel he undoubtedly gave Mel Morris at his interview the fed up fans would cut him a bit of slack.

Top 2 we're aiming for, top 6 will do was the kind of rhetoric just before the Sunderland game. We're going backwards under him in my opinion. He's got all the chat, I'll give him that.

3 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Maybe if Rowett didn't give us the schpiel he undoubtedly gave Mel Morris at his interview the fed up fans would cut him a bit of slack.

Top 2 we're aiming for, top 6 will do was the kind of rhetoric just before the Sunderland game. We're going backwards under him in my opinion. He's got all the chat, I'll give him that.

We're going backwards under Rowett ? Do you think it could be anything to do with the drivel that Clement signed ?

Its human nature to moan sometimes.

How many times do we see a new poster who seems to have joined just to have a moan. If you look back at match day threads people always seem to have more to say on threads where we lost/played badly than when we won.

You see comments saying 'worst performance ever, or since whenever', its a kneejerk reaction, even yesterdays performance, as bad as it was,wasnt the worst in the past year never mind ever.

Its a frustation i think with most posters, we were in a great position at the end of 13/14 and we havent built on it, in fact we have gone backwards, im sure most of us share this frustration.

Some of the moaning is OTT though, the Keogh thread borders on obsessive, its almost like some people just watch him and look for his mistakes, madness.

There is an old bloke behind me who loves a good boo, he didnt actually yesterday which amazed me.

I dare bet some people would find some reason to complain if they won £20 million on the lottery....

10 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Shsss don't mention ANYTHING.  

20 minutes ago, Tricky1884 said:

A naive post .. Yes some of the moaning is unjustified but if we want fans for whom DCFC is important you can't expect them not to say something if things are not going well and there will be diverse opinions whatever is happening.

The perfect world where fans cheer and support everything regardless has never existed. Take it you weren't around when BC was manager - fans moaned about team selection and other things but of course there was no social media then.

9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Its human nature to moan sometimes.

How many times do we see a new poster who seems to have joined just to have a moan. If you look back at match day threads people always seem to have more to say on threads where we lost/played badly than when we won.

You see comments saying 'worst performance ever, or since whenever', its a kneejerk reaction, even yesterdays performance, as bad as it was,wasnt the worst in the past year never mind ever.

Its a frustation i think with most posters, we were in a great position at the end of 13/14 and we havent built on it, in fact we have gone backwards, im sure most of us share this frustration.

Some of the moaning is OTT though, the Keogh thread borders on obsessive, its almost like some people just watch him and look for his mistakes, madness.

There is an old bloke behind me who loves a good boo, he didnt actually yesterday which amazed me.

I dare bet some people would find some reason to complain if they won £20 million on the lottery....

Yeah the Keogh thing is crazy. We need bite in the middle because Huddlestone and Johnson as a two doesn't work for me. Vydra had a bad game. I'd like Wisdom back. I hope we change it a bit on Tuesday but that's about it for me. 

I was only saying this morning that I don’t bother with Twitter much now because I’ve fallen into the trap of thinking that the moaning reactionary people are representing all Derby fans. They’re not. Most have more intelligence than that. Most don’t write insulting things and think they’re clever. Most don’t create a persona on a football forum that projects them as being of higher intelligence because they can be bothered to point out everything that isn’t perfect. Most can see that there’s a work in progress going on and it’s going to take time. Like it or not that’s how it is, if not getting into the prem is failure then most teams in the country are abject failures aren’t they? 

It's a mindset thing. I prefer to always try and find a positive perspective - yesterday for example, you could say we were dreadful, or you could look at:

- Bennett turning his man and putting in a good cross for the goal. He won't get an assist for that officially, but in reality it was. 

- no-one individually played dreadfully, it just didn't come together as a team and no-one grabbed responsibility.

- there's room for improvement rather than everyone playing at the limit of their ability and still not being good enough 

I'm also amused by the irony of the most negative posters on here posting about us not being positive enough.

8 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Most can see that there’s a work in progress going on and it’s going to take time. Like it or not that’s how it is, if not getting into the prem is failure then most teams in the country are abject failures aren’t they? 

No it's not 'not getting into the Prem we're abject failure'. But you (and me and others) can't help but notice we're pretty rubbish and have got rid of our more skilfull players? Why wouldn't the fans moan when we've been fed b******* Top 2 lines and he's bought old has beens as top replacements. The work in progress seems to be about stopping the house falling down now!

53 minutes ago, Tricky1884 said:

Well said mate

18 minutes ago, DRBee said:

A naive post .. Yes some of the moaning is unjustified but if we want fans for whom DCFC is important you can't expect them not to say something if things are not going well and there will be diverse opinions whatever is happening.

The perfect world where fans cheer and support everything regardless has never existed. Take it you weren't around when BC was manager - fans moaned about team selection and other things but of course there was no social media then.

I get your point it's always happened. The teams not perfect and I don't think anyone's happy with it I'm not. But hates just become a reflex reaction when we don't win it makes it pointless. Its not thought out or well written. It's more the personal stuff flung at Rowett, Mel and Keogh I don't like.  I just think it goes over the top. One day we'll get a "well that was w**k" after a 3-0 win. 

Archived