Barnsley v Derby County

Leicester Ram

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Nice to get a reply. 

I don't think for one minute it would be a wholly negative experience as for one us Derby fans had the expectation of a win at Barnsley 

The  Cup is really devalued now in many ways because the rich teams generally win the Cups but that doesn't mean as fans we shouldn't be disappointed at going out to Barnsley .

Derby fans turn out in there numbers for away games and for what it's worth I  going to Cardiff on the 30th and am looking forward to it .

Many Derby fans just want a decent day out and they want to back their team as I do but I hate losing games  

I get that Thorne and Bird did well and Chris Martin etc but i can't ever say I'm happy to go out the Cup .

Lets hope we beat Bristol on Saturday but if we don't and as long as we stay up it seems it doesn't matter to most Derby fans as they love the EFL Championship and don't like the Premier League anyway  

There's a whole lot of stupid in there. I've even highlighted yours and others problems so when you seek counselling for your negativity you can pinpoint this to you're therapist!! ?

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

There's a whole lot of stupid in there. I've even highlighted yours and others problems so when you seek counselling for your negativity you can pinpoint this to you're therapist!! ?

Therapist what one of them maybe you have experience of one mate 

4 hours ago, Ninos said:

I agree with you on all the other ones - I was fuming at Mcclarens cockup selections but I wasn't fuming about this one. (He even cocked up at WBA away but we got lucky - but then the big blunder was to drop pearce next game who was playing amazing, because shacks was good at WBA). Very unfair. We lost momentum. 

This was just the second round whereas we'd progressed further in all the others if I recall. Second, this was a total swap of players meaning that the juggernaut side was preserved for Bristol. Now it's true that if he stuck a batch of Barnsley selected players into the side this weekend it would be a demoraliser. The 11 rested must be the 11 that start v Bristol. That way momentum is preserved because it's the Hull picked team that's on a high. Club fragility means little if that happens. 

But I agree with your general sentiment of a bad attitude towards cups that's cost us big time in the past (Mcclaren mainly) - don't think it applies here at Barnsley - and you're right, we will see v Bristol. That's the real measure.

And no it's not about wembley because wembley with no trophy there is not wembley. 

To be honest, we went out beaten by a better team, good luck Barnsley. My views on the selection process are well known but all these posters coming across as they don't care that we lost, does my head in.. We will see about Brizzle on Saturday, if we lose it won't just be down to the team selection yesterday. We might just lose to a better team on the day.. No problem as long as we give it a shot.

That many changes... I cant square that circle. 4 or 5 even blooding Bird and the others are basically experienced players, no problem. I could have understood that (not agreed :lol:) though. Thorne coming on for 20 mins.. Squad for Saturday.. Happy days.

Is it a mentality thing?  Lets play devils advocate here. Take US sport, the NFL for example. Yes, I know there is only one competition but there is absolutely no sentiment at all, no risk taken with a competitive game. Win and do everything you can to win. I find it hard that we play without that mental attitude as a club. I have no doubt that the players last night wanted to win but would a ruthless club be bothered about giving players, playing time.. A squad of 53 and some players don't get any time at all in the NFL. The franchise does not give a toss, just wants the best players possible on the pitch at any one time. 

Probably using the NFL is not a great example as I can pick holes in that but what I am trying to get across is that win everything mentality. 

27 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

To be honest, we went out beaten by a better team, good luck Barnsley. My views on the selection process are well known but all these posters coming across as they don't care that we lost, does my head in.. We will see about Brizzle on Saturday, if we lose it won't just be down to the team selection yesterday. We might just lose to a better team on the day.. No problem as long as we give it a shot.

That many changes... I cant square that circle. 4 or 5 even blooding Bird and the others are basically experienced players, no problem. I could have understood that (not agreed :lol:) though. Thorne coming on for 20 mins.. Squad for Saturday.. Happy days.

Is it a mentality thing?  Lets play devils advocate here. Take US sport, the NFL for example. Yes, I know there is only one competition but there is absolutely no sentiment at all, no risk taken with a competitive game. Win and do everything you can to win. I find it hard that we play without that mental attitude as a club. I have no doubt that the players last night wanted to win but would a ruthless club be bothered about giving players, playing time.. A squad of 53 and some players don't get any time at all in the NFL. The franchise does not give a toss, just wants the best players possible on the pitch at any one time. 

Probably using the NFL is not a great example as I can pick holes in that but what I am trying to get across is that win everything mentality. 

"Only one competition"-exactly!

"Not a great example"-exactly!

2 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

Let's hope GW is more bothered that we lost than some of our own fans are , we're playing Bristol city on Saturday not Barcelona surely we could have mixed it up a bit more , surely as a football club we owe it to the fans to go for it in all competitive competitions and get as far as we can , I bet b4's not sat at home today thinking well at least some of the lads had a run out.

Who's GW?

2 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

No,I got the point you were trying to make but try to come up with a decent example next time!?

Which I did say but trying to do this in some boring finance meeting and trying to look interested is difficult.

Must learn how to multi task better next time. 

Archived