Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Brill effort by Roma tonight but what the hell is going off on their weird ass badge???

Screenshot_20180410-225316.jpg

Romulus and Remus, the mythological founders of Rome, were supposedly abandoned as children and raised by wolves.

8 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

You’re thinking of jungle book. 

If you are trying to be funny, well played - but where do you think Kipling got his ideas? He never had an original one in his life.

The wolf figure (la lupo capitolina) is supposedly 5th century BC, but recent studies indicate that it is much more recent (13th century). The Romulus and Remus figures were added to the sculpture by Pollailuolo in the 15th century.

7 hours ago, eddie said:

If you are trying to be funny, well played - but where do you think Kipling got his ideas? He never had an original one in his life.

Yeah I think you're right, Jungle Book was scarily like the Disney animation of the same name.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Actually, it was nothing like it.

I think Kipling just stole the name from Disney and then must’ve gone in his own direction with it. Clearly the man was not a fan of Jazz. 

Then Romulus and Remus read Kipling’s vastly amended story and bastardised it for their own propaganda. Really they were raised by otters, but that’s not half as sexy as wolves. 

It all lead to one suing the other, and then counter claims. But eventually Kipling settled it all with cake. Everyone likes cake. 

40 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Juve doing a Roma. 2-0 up at Bernabeu. 

Let me watch on my phone and watch this other mess in the background.

It’s a bit more balanced than in the Black Country.

Think I’m just going to watch this one tonight and pray for elsewhere!

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Michael Oliver will need a bodyguard for the rest of his life. The Italian press will never forgive him.

Awful decision....and no booking for the 2 Madrid players pushing the linesman or that slimey pr1ck for removing his shirt... ?

any last teeny bit of respect I had for Ronaldo evaporated just then...what a ********* 

Just now, MuespachRam said:

Awful decision....and no booking for the 2 Madrid players pushing the linesman or that slimey pr1ck for removing his shirt... ?

any last teeny bit of respect I had for Ronaldo evaporated just then...what a ********* 

Only reason I wanted Real Madrid to win is because they’d have a greater chance of knocking Loserpool out whereas Juve would bottle it. Hate Real Madrid but hate Liverpool even more.

Come on Bayern.

Archived