Transfer Talk affecting current players....?

Burton_Ram

As the title says, with all the media, fans and even the Manager saying "You can see why we need new players". How do we think this actually affects the current players?

Do they start to think, "Well what's the point" "no point in putting a shift in if no one thinks I'm any good", as it certainly doesn't seem to be working the other way round.

Is  Rowett right to openly keep going on about needing players out and new ones in? (I know he's only really answering the questions thrown at him by the media).

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Burton_Ram said:

As the title says, with all the media, fans and even the Manager saying "You can see why we need new players". How do we think this actually affects the current players?

Do they start to think, "Well what's the point" "no point in putting a shift in if no one thinks I'm any good", as it certainly doesn't seem to be working the other way round.

Is  Rowett right to openly keep going on about needing players out and new ones in? (I know he's only really answering the questions thrown at him by the media).

if anything it should motivate them to play better to stay in the team not worse. 

2 hours ago, Burton_Ram said:

Can't make them any worse can it? 

Johnson: "hey up Butters, I hear that Gaz Raz is looking for an attacking midfielder"

Tom: "I played for Spurs"

Johnson:  "Yeah we know Tom. I was just saying to Butters that our position might be in trouble"

Butterfield: "Nah mate, he's after an attacking midfielder. None of us play there cus we're s****"

Johnson: "oh yeah" 

Tom: "when I was at Spurs we won the league cup in 2008"

Johnson : "No one gives a f***, Tom." 

Butterfield : "what if this new guy can score goals?"

Johnson: "I scored a goal" 

Butterfield : "you were trying to pass though Brad. You're just too w*** at it"

Tom : "I ran the midfield against Everton once"

Johnson: "You've not ran since Martin Jol compared you to Franz Beckenbauer."

Tom: "Don't know what you're laughing at. Wasn't laughing when you fell on your tits and gave Sunderland a penalty"

Johnson: "He's not laughing. The morbid c*** doesn't even smile. 

Tom : "Maybe it's wind?"

Butterfield: "He couldn't even pass wind"

Johnson: "At least I can tackle"

Tom: "Yourself sometimes" 

Johnson: "Has the grass grown back?"

Tom: "eh?"

Johnson: "In the middle of Hulls pitch where you stood for 4 years."

George: "Leave it out lads before someone gets hurt"

9 hours ago, Burton_Ram said:

Yes it will affect them, just like it affected Martin last year, knowing he would be sold to the highest bidder.

This is why we needed to do our business before the season opener, both Weimann and Russell know they are plugging gaps and I'm sure both agents will be told to find other clubs.

Whoever commissioned the transfer window until the end of August wants filling in.

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

Johnson: "hey up Butters, I hear that Gaz Raz is looking for an attacking midfielder"

Johnson:  "Yeah we know Tom. I was just saying to Butters that our position might be in trouble"

Butterfield: "Nah mate, he's after an attacking midfielder. None of us play there cus we're s****"

Tom: "Don't know what you're laughing at. Wasn't laughing when you fell on your tits and gave Sunderland a penalty"

Very good!

I like to think all of our players give their very best whenever they play. However, if they've heard/read GR's recent comments then I'm sure they'll be wondering if he's referring to them. If they are stupid enough to listen to fools like Ramage on the radio I can't see them being too impressed. And if they are beyond stupid and read comments on forums like this or stuff on social media, I reckon they must feel pretty worthless and not very keen on Derby and its fans. 

I know it's not a bed of roses right now, just two games in, but some of the nonsense I've heard and read since the season started is ridiculous, but very Derby. I bet some of these people blame Johnson and Butterfield if it rains. 

FWIW, I think those two, plus Russell, Forsyth and Martin (the players I like the most pretty much) have done nothing (in two games) to silence their many critics. In fact, I think other than Hudds for ten minutes against Sunderland and Keogh in general, nobody has impressed. 

Rowett has a big squad as he keeps telling us so drop them all. Back yourself, Gary. I don't believe Bryson starting will make any difference whatsoever personally, but the others have had their two starts so fair is fair. Remove them and see if they really are the cause of our issues. 

Same out wide. Give Anya (can't believe I'm saying this) a go on the wing. Bennett looked lively pre-season. Give Nugent a start instead of Martin. Drop Forsyth. 

I honestly don't see it making a shred of difference who he selects right now. This is a collection of players down in morale, poor form, having been playing under 33 managers in the last couple of years, each with hugely differing game plans and styles. 

I said it at the time (not rocket science) but losing Ince will kill us. And that for me is the big issue. Fingers crossed this Lawrence kid is something similar.

Oh balls, I've just realised I've no cornflakes left. Bloody Butterfield.

26 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I like to think all of our players give their very best whenever they play. However, if they've heard/read GR's recent comments then I'm sure they'll be wondering if he's referring to them.

Surely they will know it refers to them?! According to GR he will have had a talk with all of them and let them know where they stand.

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

you missed out Timmi Elsnik doing the south park "Timmy" from time to time, Bryson practicing his Begby stare into a puddle that looked at him and the wingers all practice hiding behind the defenders whenever Rowett looks over.

Archived