Match Day

MrsRam

Normally 8.00am train from ipswich. In the Noah's Ark by midday for a good session with added karaoke and a last minute cab to the match. Home at 10pm. 

Tpday though I'm at a music festival near Reading but I'll be at PPS Tuesday night. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, eddie said:

I'm going to the day-night cricket today - Derbyshire v West Indies. Purely down to economics - we can both go to that and park the car for the price of one of us going to watch DCFC today.

Half (century) fan.

13 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Off the subject question....how longs the walk from allestree to the ground?

Thinking of moving back over to Derbyshire in the next few years and allestree is somewhere the Mrs would accept!

Depends where in Allestree but I'd imagine it would be around a hours walk.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

I'm going to the day-night cricket today - Derbyshire v West Indies. Purely down to economics - we can both go to that and park the car for the price of one of us going to watch DCFC today.

Enjoy the Cricket Eddie I'll give the Rams a shout for you lol. 

17 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Thinking of moving back over to Derbyshire in the next few years and allestree is somewhere the Mrs would accept!

Too long mate, did it with a mate once in the summer heat and nearly died:lol: It's over an hour minimum

43 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

According to Google Maps, it's approximately 4 miles.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Allestree,+Derby+DE22+2RQ/Pride+Park+Stadium,+Derby/@52.9339483,-1.5050714,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4879f14d8523f08f:0x16b93eb345724724!2m2!1d-1.4925673!2d52.9529489!1m5!1m1!1s0x4879f104364a35fd:0xd4a4f61348cbb373!2m2!1d-1.4472771!2d52.9148156!3e2

Usually arise about 10.00 then pace up and down the front room looking at the clock till about 12.00. My lad will roll out of bed 10 mins before we leave as my pacing becomes a canter of nerves! Only respite is re-reading match day thread. Leave about 13.30 quick medicinal tramp juice at the ground

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Quite a long way and uphill on the way back. Fine if we've won not so if we haven't !

Get back from work about 10pm Friday evening, get a coffee, straight on the computer.

Look at NewsNow Derby County, what's happening with injuries etc. have we bought anyone yet.

Can feel the tension starting to rise,listen to the match press conference. GR looking confident.

Everyone's saying that Wolves are the dark horses, spent millions, beat Boro -  the bookies favs.

We need to get more than 1 point from the first 2 matches, that's it, we have to win!

11.30 pm now, and the game starts in 7.5 hours. Get into bed, try not to wake the dragon.

Wake up, its 1.45 am need to pee, wake up again, 3.30, have another pee, christ!

Unable to go back to sleep, 3 hours to kick off. Sod it, that's close enough. Go for a swim.

The water temp is 88"c, more like a bath, exactly the same as outside temp, 88 and its pitch

black except for the stars.

Get a coffee, back on the computer, re-read stuff from earlier.

5.45am  better wake the Mrs, she's working today and has to leave at 6.45.

Put rattle within reach - in case we score.

That's it, listen to build up on Radio Derby - I can now watch the match live, thank's to MM.

So everything different now - 200% better, turning it on now.

COYR 

Wake up

Boooo the wife

Boooo the dogs

Boooo the kids

Boooo the car park attendant

Boooo the bloke flogging programmes

Boooo the turnstile bloke

Boooo the away fans

Boooo the ball boys

Boooo the match announcer

Boooo the North Stand