Match Day

MrsRam

At last it's match day. I've missed it.

Early dinner, leave about one to park. Call in at the pub on the way then to the ground and one in the fan park.  Get to our seats about quart to.  

How do you spend yours?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At bloody work most of the time!!

But on a rare day off,walk my pack of hounds first then get changed into my home shirt....at about 1pm we drive the 40 minute journey over and have a quick look in the shop,then into the concourse and a pint of cider before the match.Balti pies at half time are compulsory.

After the match,radio Derby on whilst we wait to leave.....

Nothing exciting but me and my son love the while experience,no matter the result.

17 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

Early dinner, leave about one to park. Call in at the pub on the way then to the ground and one in the fan park.  Get to our seats about quart to.  

How do you spend yours?

Pacing about at the moment at a loose end. Ready for the game but not going until 1. Then a couple of pints and to the ground. Not much change all my life apart from a change of ground 20 years ago and not having the pints when I didn't look old enough to drink.

19 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Nothing exciting but me and my son love the whole experience,no matter the result.

And isn't that the whole point. I miss the days going to the match with my Dad.

FYI: He's not dead, he still goes.

29 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

How do you spend yours?

Normally rushing around trying to round up kids from various clubs, leg it to Bonnie Prince meet rest of clan, get excited or bemused by team selection, switch Ramma off as he will wind me up mentioning Will Hughes. Then it begins.

Today however, I'll be on a beach in the med hoping Rans player is the dogs nadgers and going mental when we score or if I can't get a connection!

C.O.Y.R

Pub for 11:30, bus to the ground for 2:45, walk back to Midland Road for some more beers after, if it's been a good day wander into town about 8pm, bus or taxi home and a bollocking from the wife.

Monster breakfast. Walk dog with wife. Get in car at 2.00 .. Park on canal street. Nice amble up the river while ear hanging on general pre match chatter and getting in the mood. Quick beer and bag of crisps at the ground and then join friends in stand about 10 mins before KO for a chin wag. Even better on a sunny day like this :thumbsup::) COYR. 

1 hour ago, MrsRam said:

How do you spend yours?

Don't you have dinner in the evening? 

Leave London about 11. Beer in The Waterfall, walk over as late as possible. Cheer the lads on for 95 mins, then moan all the way back to London. Standard.

3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Don't you have dinner in the evening

Leave London about 11. Beer in The Waterfall, walk over as late as possible. Cheer the lads on for 95 mins, then moan all the way back to London. Standard.

Dinner at dinner time, tea in the evening.

I'm going to the day-night cricket today - Derbyshire v West Indies. Purely down to economics - we can both go to that and park the car for the price of one of us going to watch DCFC today.

Leave at 2

get dropped off at the ground @2.30

stand around on me own - might have a pint if there's no queue

watch match

get picked up

go home

doesn't sound that great to be honest.

First day of my fourth season of deprivation. First home game and I will blub.   On my settee.

No happy anticipation as I travel to Pride Park.  No feeling of wonder as I stand and survey the ground and revel in the delight of the opening of a new season and the feeling that  this is my place.  And yes I used to blub there too.  

Enjoy all those moments................:D

16 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Dinner at dinner time, tea in the evening.

We have lunch and dinner over here, but you're right. Dinner is at dinner time and tea at tea time. As an aside to this, many Spanish think that we as a nation partake of afternoon tea at 5 o'clock. This, according to them, consists of tea, cake and biscuits. And there was me thinking that it was my afternoon snap!

Bus from Mosborough at 10.20. Train from Sheffield at 10.50. In the Brunswick for 11.30 to meet the old man. Few pints, a pork pie and put the world to rights. 2.30 walk to ground. Try and enjoy the match. Don't talk to each other all the way back if we lose.

Rinse and repeat.

27 minutes ago, eddie said:

I'm going to the day-night cricket today - Derbyshire v West Indies. Purely down to economics - we can both go to that and park the car for the price of one of us going to watch DCFC today.

That's reminded me, must check my pension investments when I get home :p

49 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Don't you have dinner in the evening? 

No, I have tea in the evening, at tea time. :p

25 minutes ago, richinspain said:

We have lunch and dinner over here, but you're right. Dinner is at dinner time and tea at tea time. As an aside to this, many Spanish think that we as a nation partake of afternoon tea at 5 o'clock. This, according to them, consists of tea, cake and biscuits. And there was me thinking that it was my afternoon snap!

It is the one thing I have failed to adapt to in ten years of living in Spain. Dinner at 10pm!!

Archived