Grimsby Town v Derby County - Match day thread

Kernow

Clucking hell you doom mongers.

Its a crappy cup competition, and after not setting the world alight in our 1st game he's giving the fringe players a shot.

Up to them to grab the bull by the horns and force their way into Saturday's team, it's only Grimsby ffs. 

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Losing is definitely a possibility. But similarly this is last chance saloon for a few players I think.

I wouldn't really be bothered if we lost. Have zero feeling for the "carabao" cup

I'd like to win thanks with lots of players scoring goals for us 

7 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Is this game being streamed anywhere? Would like to see it in the same way people enjoy rubber necking a car crash.  

Thou shalt not mention the word streaming or the Mods will get a lashing off MM.

...(PM me if you find one!!! :ph34r:)

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I'd like to win thanks with lots of players scoring goals for us 

I'd *like* to win. Just saying I wouldn't be bothered at all if we lose. 

1 minute ago, Charlie G said:

Don't think it is, need this competition to ensure fringe players get proper game time 

That's exactly what he's done.

If our fringe can't see off Grimsby, then they've no one to blame but themselves for limited opportunities in the future.

Moving away from the doom and gloom of everyone else in this thread, I would like to point out just how rare it is to have a player like Richard Keogh. It is so rare to find a CB capable of playing every single game in what will most likely be a 50 game season.

If we got rid of him, we'd not only have to find someone better, but also someone who can actually play that amount of games and not break down. 

Only missed, what, 3 games through injury since arriving at Derby? Incredible stuff from our captain.

7 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Exactly. Some players need to have a storming game here.

Looking particularly at Olsson, Hanson, Anya, Bennett and Nugent.

I would exclude Nugent from that list as I think hes unlucky to be behind Martin...he's scored some good goals since being here but 4231 doesnt really suit him i dont think

7 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Moving away from the doom and gloom of everyone else in this thread, I would like to point out just how rare it is to have a player like Richard Keogh. It is so rare to find a CB capable of playing every single game in what will most likely be a 50 game season.

If we got rid of him, we'd not only have to find someone better, but also someone who can actually play that amount of games and not break down. 

Only missed, what, 3 games through injury since arriving at Derby? Incredible stuff from our captain.

Yes that's all great but don't forget, if he didn't play for us we would have already been promoted (champions with record points, goals scored & clean sheets), won the league cup, F.A cup, the following season done the domestic treble and Europa league the following season the champions league and any competition we bothered to enter basically, it's all his fault.

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Mitchell

Baird      Keogh     Pearce    Olsson

Hanson         Butterfield

Russell         Bennett             Anya

Nugent

At a guess? 

Russell and Bennett the other way round I believe, which is a shame as I prefer how you've set it up.

Archived