All tickety boo in the dressing room

Day

Manager Gary Rowett says he has been "surprised" by the unity in the Derby County dressing room since joining.

Rowett, whose side face Sunderland in their Championship opener on Friday, was appointed as Rams boss in March.

The club's fourth manager of the season brought stability with a run of four wins and three draws from nine games.

"I was expecting from some of the stories I have heard that the players and the dressing room was difficult," Rowett told BBC Derby Sport.

"But I have not found that at all. We have judged that since we have come in, I have not had any issues and it has surprised me. 

"You can only judge players on how they interact with you and how they respond to you and your methods and the staff's methods."

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40788472

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Well if this is the case, Rowett needs to keep the people/person who fed him this misinformation at arms length and consider them no more than mischief makers surely. 

That's a load of posters on this forum then. The 'player power' posts were common if I remember correctly. 

17 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

That's a load of posters on this forum then. The 'player power' posts were common if I remember correctly. 

Snakes the lot of them I recall, particularly <names names> are the worst, they got PC, Pearson, Mac2 all fired by crying to Mel behind their backs.

Probably some wife affairs going too.

Thats the real reason Pearson got rid of Martin, not because Martin will never be able to "run in behind".....

47 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Well if this is the case, Rowett needs to keep the people/person who fed him this misinformation at arms length and consider them no more than mischief makers surely. 

There was loads posters included mclovin on here saying things like that players+manager lost the dressing room etc and they don't have the evidence to back it up funny that. 

39 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

5 minutes ago, DEL said:

There was loads posters included mclovin on here saying things like that players+manager lost the dressing room etc and they don't have the evidence to back it up funny that. 

I'd have thought Rowett's would have said "read" as opposed to "heard" if he was referring to any kind of Internet tittle tattle. I just assumed when I saw "heard" it was a verbal piece of gossip. How wrong was I ? I'll keep out of this thread I think. 

11 minutes ago, DEL said:

You seem to have a strange obsession with me DEL, sounds like you want to jump into bed with me.

For what it's worth I heard it on good authority last year before the Burton game that certain players stopped trying their hardest under Pearson. For me, you should always try your best regardless of whether you like the manager. Maybe the use of the word 'snakes' was a bit extreme but not trying your best betrays the fans and the Burton game was embarrassing.Hendrick also wanted to leave because he told various people apparently that the atmosphere in the dressing room was as I quote 'poisonous'.

Interestingly, another user on here said that he talked to John Eustace after the Kidderminster game and Eustace said that there are several big egos and personalities in the Derby dressing room but Rowett seems to have them under control. He also pointed out the same issue at Villa.

Good to hear that the dressing room mood has improved now. Rowett won't take any nonsense if they do start to spiral out of control. Rowett is Mel's man and Mel will back Rowett all the way.

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

You seem to have a strange obsession with me DEL, sounds like you want to jump into bed with me.

For what it's worth I heard it on good authority last year before the Burton game that certain players stopped trying their hardest under Pearson. For me, you should always try your best regardless of whether you like the manager. Maybe the use of the word 'snakes' was a bit extreme but not trying your best betrays the fans and the Burton game was embarrassing.Hendrick also wanted to leave because he told various people apparently that the atmosphere in the dressing room was as I quote 'poisonous'.

Interestingly, another user on here said that he talked to John Eustace after the Kidderminster game and Eustace said that there are several big egos and personalities in the Derby dressing room but Rowett seems to have them under control. He also pointed out the same issue at Villa.

Good to hear that the dressing room mood has improved now. Rowett won't take any nonsense if they do start to spiral out of control. Rowett is Mel's man and Mel will back Rowett all the way.

I don't have strange obsession and I only just mentioned you because I know you have said things like lost the dressing room etc that's all. You haven't got any evidence to back it up. 

Davies seems a great acquisition along Nugent. Both look like they'll lighten the dressing room up and have plenty of banter etc. Which is what you need at times.

We have some Characters like that at work and when they come into the Office the whole place changes. Let's hope they don't get the Derby fan treatment! 

1 minute ago, DEL said:

I don't have strange obsession and I only just mentioned you because I know you have said things like lost the dressing room etc that's all. You haven't got any evidence to back it up. 

Ok that's fine because that's your opinion , I'm willing to draw a line in this silly little feud you have me if you are ok with that? I promise not to face palm all your posts anymore if you don't with mine? Good, that's fine then. I did try to send you a message but it appears you have blocked me, I can't possibly understand why.

Archived