Neymar

Sith Happens

Sith Happens

Actually looks like his transfer to PSG might be happening for £198 million, unreal amount of money.

Also sounds like Man Utd bid £170 for him last year.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Media have kept this one quiet.

I know, world record fee will generate huge interest, just any transfer like this grinds my gears a little. 

Football League starts this week not that the MSM are paying much attention, fully expect the Football's back stuff to come out next week, completely oblivious as to where those clubs that come up are from.

Premier League sells, it does, but you can't tell me the Football League fans in this country is a small number.

Mel will be wincing. Another benchmark established which will only serve to inflate prices of everyone below. Someday, and l hope in many ways l am around to see it, football and its finances will implode, and there will be a good few individuals sitting uneasily in their chairs wondering what happened to the music.

I concur, particularly with your last sentence. @David I have SSN on most of the day while I do other things and if it isn't Neymar they are jizzing themselves over it's some boxing match they are trying to flog.

The FL season starts in two days yet it barely merits a mention. They could be doing features on loads of clubs but all we get is token gestures.

The sooner Mel can lead a revolution in how clubs distribute the rights to their games the better for me, cut out the middle man (Sky) and deal directly with your fan base. 

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Mel will be wincing. Another benchmark established which will only serve to inflate prices of everyone below. Someday, and l hope in many ways l am around to see it, football and its finances will implode, and there will be a good few individuals sitting uneasily in their chairs wondering what happened to the music.

Already happening. £7m rejected for Tom Lawrence. One full season played and 24 in a few months. Just has head shaking as this Neymar deal.

This could well be the thing that finishes it off for me. I've gone from not caring at all about other clubs (they are like other people's kids, aren't they?) to feeling a mixture of sadness and outrage. Outrage that this sort of money is even available to be wasted in such a way; sadness that something, football, that I don't ever remember not loving, I no longer find it possible to love.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I don't actually think Neymar is particularly brilliant! 

I even think Darren Bent would score 25 a season playing next to Saurez and Messi 

After his champions league performance vs PSG last season I'm on the hype train. Messi was just another player in what was one of the best individual performances I've ever seen. He was unbelievable. Every time he got the ball the PSG back line went in to full panic mode, as for the free kick...

Edit: I also forgot the through ball for the winner to Roberto.

I understand why he would want to leave. Half the PSG squad are Brazilian so he probably has more close friends there, he's going to earn an obscene amount of money and he will stand head and shoulders above the rest in the French League.

The idea of him leaving to have a better chance of winning the Balon d'Or doesn't make much sense thoough. He won't win it playing for a French team, and Messi's new midfield role gives him the platform at Barcelona to become the focal goal scorer which he started to undertake this pre-season.

Money in football has gone mad. But PSG won't have any problems recouping the transfer fee. Neymar is a global superstar, he will bring in loads of money via merchandise sales, commercials, sponsors etc.

It will be strange to see him at PSG. He won't get half the recognition when he scores two or three goals past rubbish teams like Angers or Nantes. He will be saving himself for the CL but one bad game and they'll be done.

Barcelona could arguably strengthen their squad with the money and wages. They could sign a world class linking midfielder and a LW with that amount. Somebody like Coutinho and Hazard/Dybala.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I don't actually think Neymar is particularly brilliant! 

I even think Darren Bent would score 25 a season playing next to Saurez and Messi 

If the third best player in the world isn't that brilliant then everyone else might as well give up. How many times have you really watched him play? Doesn't retract from the fact he's a c*** though.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

I understand why he would want to leave. Half the PSG squad are Brazilian so he probably has more close friends there, he's going to earn an obscene amount of money and he will stand head and shoulders above the rest in the French League.

The idea of him leaving to have a better chance of winning the Balon d'Or doesn't make much sense thoough. He won't win it playing for a French team, and Messi's new midfield role gives him the platform at Barcelona to become the focal goal scorer which he started to undertake this pre-season.

Money in football has gone mad. But PSG won't have any problems recouping the transfer fee. Neymar is a global superstar, he will bring in loads of money via merchandise sales, commercials, sponsors etc.

It will be strange to see him at PSG. He won't get half the recognition when he scores two or three goals past rubbish teams like Angers or Nantes. He will be saving himself for the CL but one bad game and they'll be done.

Barcelona could arguably strengthen their squad with the money and wages. They could sign a world class linking midfielder and a LW with that amount. Somebody like Coutinho and Hazard/Dybala.

The suggestions are that they are targeting Ousman Dembele and Coutinho to replace Neymar . I think their pursuit of Verratti has finished now that Raoila is now his agent. 

Ale Moreno from ESPN  made a good point that Neymar isn't playing second fiddle to any guy, he's playing second fiddle to the greatest player in the world if not ever who takes all the pressure off him with Barcelona. If Neymar's only bothered about being 'the' guy, then he can be as he is currently doing for Brazil. He can have the best of both worlds but his silly father is meddling with his business. 

Barcelona fans are seeing the funny side of it though as Sandro Rossell went to all that trouble to get Neymar to Barcelona and now he's in jail.  

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

If the third best player in the world isn't that brilliant then everyone else might as well give up. How many times have you really watched him play? Doesn't retract from the fact he's a c*** though.

How do you know he is a c***, to take your line how many times have you met him?

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

How do you know he is a c***, to take your line how many times have you met him?

You just have to see his attitude in training and how he deliberately provoked the new Barca signing Nelson Semedo by attempting to bully him but Semedo stuck up for himself and Neymar went off crying then. No-one in spain likes him because the way he plays in matches is disrespectful in matches to opponents. You just have to see Barca fans reaction, the majority of them are glad that he's leaving. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Because scoring goals against all the amazing teams in Spain like Granada and Leganes was sooooo hard....!

Archived