2 Match Suspension for Martin?

DCFC1388

15 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

"The FA decided to move after top managers, led by Burnley’s Sean Dyche and West Brom boss Tony Pulis, flagged up concerns that games were increasingly decided by referees being hoodwinked by fall guys."

Two of the most boring managers in the history of football joining forces. I can feel the tedium from here.

Two managers who's "robust" teams are known for their "physicality" want less free kicks given against their teams.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

"The FA decided to move after top managers, led by Burnley’s Sean Dyche and West Brom boss Tony Pulis, flagged up concerns that games were increasingly decided by referees being hoodwinked by fall guys."

Two of the most boring managers in the history of football joining forces. I can feel the tedium from here.

"Top managers at achieving low expectations"

15 hours ago, Alpha said:

There's diving and then there's going down under minimal contact.

It's very difficult to prove and draw the line when it comes to how little contact it takes for someone to go over. If you start saying it's diving if the ref feels he could have stayed on his feet... well that's a lot of diving from all players. If you stay on your feet then you never get a penalty which is ridiculous when someone is obstructing you 

What we need therefore Alpha is a three man panel consisting of an Ex-Ref, an Ex-player and an Ex-manager who all need to be in total agreement.... :)

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

What we need therefore Alpha is a three man panel consisting of an Ex-Ref, an Ex-player and an Ex-manager who all need to be in total agreement.... :)

I'm thinking split decisions and very few punishments.

Whether he dives or not, it seemed to me that there was a point after which referees seemed far less to side with Martin and the penalties dried up.

At the time I thought that Martin must be flagged up in some sort of referees pre-match notes. If that's the case, and if a ref is in any doubt about a decision, I exited that they'll be more likely to decide against him, which'll be doubly worse if he gets a ban unfairly.

I've never seen him dive,he goes down if he's pushed from behind but that's the oppositions fault and he often gets us a free kick in vital areas as a result...TO OUR BENEFIT!!

What kind of derby fan doesn't want us to have any advantage we can get.opposition teams we play have no qualms about their own advantages gained by whatever means I'm sure 

It's one part of Martin's game that I have missed very much....as well as everything else he brings to the party.

57 minutes ago, Grantona said:

Martin is renowned for "diving" (ie...cheating)

In that Turf Moor match March 2014, Martin should have had a red card for elbowing Shackell in the face before he was sent off for the "penalty dive".

You mean that one that was a stone wall penalty, cost us 6 points, gained you 3 points, and is a significant factor in you earning automatic promotion over us that season. Thanks for the reminder, I'm not bitter at all. 

Martin doesn't dive. He's clever, and he's too clever to do something as daft as diving. He draws contact, when he feels it, he makes sure the ref knows about it. 

What im proud tat he doesn't do, is that he doesn't roll around like he's been shot, and he doesn't wave imaginary cards. 

He uses every inch tgatvtge laws of the game allow to enable him to do his job and hold the ball up to take pressure off his team mates. He does it incredibly well.

For saying how renowned he is for diving, how many cards has he actually had for diving?

4 hours ago, Grantona said:

Martin is renowned for "diving" (ie...cheating)

In that Turf Moor match March 2014, Martin should have had a red card for elbowing Shackell in the face before he was sent off for the "penalty dive".

Nah.

Not biting. 

Archived