Y NOT Wash out

Gritstone Ram

My lad has gone to the Y Not festival at Pikehall. Needless to say that he got very wet las night. Fortunately he only lives about 3 miles away from the site so he went home for a bath and a change of clothing and footwear and returned later to carry on with the enjoyment. He was really excited by it all and when I spoke to him he was really looking forward to going back. 

I have seen other stories on social media saying people have had to leave because it wasn't safe and Y Not are refusing refunds. Should they refund if it's pissed it down?

Has anyone been and left or is anyone still there?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Should they refund if it's pissed it down?

No. It's a risk you take when you go to a festival. Every year at least one of the festival's ends up a proper mud bath, download and glasto got away with it this year

1 hour ago, Joe. said:

No. It's a risk you take when you go to a festival. Every year at least one of the festival's ends up a proper mud bath, download and glasto got away with it this year

Yes that's what I thought too. Some peoples expectations are too unrealistic. 

I've just got back, never seen so much mud in all my life. Massively poorly prepared for the rain, bloody everything got soaked and to top it off so pissed up t**** landed on my tent and broke the f****** at 3am last night. Would have had to come home today anyway after that happened so glad I ain't missing much!

38 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I've just got back, never seen so much mud in all my life. Massively poorly prepared for the rain, bloody everything got soaked and to top it off so pissed up t**** landed on my tent and broke the f****** at 3am last night. Would have had to come home today anyway after that happened so glad I ain't missing much!

Yes quite a few reports are saying it wasn't very well managed. Like I say it's a shame it only started about 10 years ago when someone organised a band to play in his garden when his parents went on holiday. His parents didn't go so they had it in a quarry. 

On 30/07/2017 at 13:55, Millenniumram said:

Sorry about that, can you set your guide ropes better next time, then i wouldnt trip over them 

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 14:37, Gritters said:

Yes quite a few reports are saying it wasn't very well managed. Like I say it's a shame it only started about 10 years ago when someone organised a band to play in his garden when his parents went on holiday. His parents didn't go so they had it in a quarry. 

I've heard that a new company took over management of the event since last year. I appreciate that weather conditions were abysmal, but anyone organising an outdoor event in the UK should've made provisions for torrential rain. Metal grate walkways and massive amounts of sawdust were used to good effect at festivals I've previously attended.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

I've heard that a new company took over management of the event since last year. I appreciate that weather conditions were abysmal, but anyone organising an outdoor event in the UK should've made provisions for torrential rain. Metal grate walkways and massive amounts of sawdust were used to good effect at festivals I've previously attended.

Yes and the company that organised it this year have a portfolio of festivals http://broadwicklive.com 

You would think they'd know what to do.

On 29/07/2017 at 21:05, Gritters said:

My lad has gone to the Y Not festival at Pikehall. Needless to say that he got very wet las night. Fortunately he only lives about 3 miles away from the site so he went home for a bath and a change of clothing and footwear and returned later to carry on with the enjoyment. He was really excited by it all and when I spoke to him he was really looking forward to going back. 

I have seen other stories on social media saying people have had to leave because it wasn't safe and Y Not are refusing refunds. Should they refund if it's pissed it down?

Has anyone been and left or is anyone still there?

Lightweight.

To be fair, we all know what the weather can be like in the UK so you pay your money and take the risk.

Problem these days are there are too many of these popping up and and a few are not supported as well as they should do.

41 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Lightweight.

To be fair, we all know what the weather can be like in the UK so you pay your money and take the risk.

Problem these days are there are too many of these popping up and and a few are not supported as well as they should do.

Yes I think I was made of stronger stuff. The problem is the organisation is never for the worst case senario and when that happens they aren't geared up to cope.

5 hours ago, Phoenix said:

The chances are there's a disclaimer about 'circumstances beyond their control', or 'the organisers have the right to cancel if...', probably in 1 pt type.

I'm not sure if they were beyond their control. From what I have heard they weren't geared up for bad weather. Obviously the company will deny that but I stinks of cutting corners. Like most things in todays world.

It was shut down due to safety issues, weather was just a part of the reason and probably the biggest.  Rumours are that the site was not big enough, not enough toilet facilities and those that where there where overflowing.  If that is proven, they will have to refund.

Archived