Mason Bennett

admira

35 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

He could well make it as a Championship striker in my opinion.  He needs to spend this year watching and working closely with Nugent.  He should be his role model. 

Some strikers do come through late.  Think of Danny Graham.  Totally lost when he played for us in the Championship. Five years later, he's banging in a goal every other game for Watford and gets a big money move to the Premier League.  Would never have thought that would happen when I watched him as a 19 year old.

I get your point, but for the last 4 seasons Danny Graham has only averaged 7 goals a season, which hardly blows your socks off. 

But yeah it'd be great if Mason could learn off Nugent. Unfortunately, odds are unless we have a mass clear out across all the forward positions he's not going to get much game time though. We'll see, be great if you're right!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well most 64 apperance game when nigel clough was manager since then he was never be given a chance and he is a good just needs a break and I do think gary rowett he can fluish to a top player.

I honestly can't understand what you're saying.

14 minutes ago, RamBamFan said:
B4ev6is said:

Well most of 64 apperance came when nigel clough was manager since then he was never be given a chance and he is good,  just needs a break and I do think under gary rowett he can flourish to a top player.

13 minutes ago, RamBamFan said:

I honestly can't understand what you're saying.

I do. Not sure I agree but it's probably a make or break year for Bennett.

Remember his first game at Pride Park, had the easiest chance to become the Rams youngest ever scorer and completely fluffed it. Someone above quoted 3 goals in 63 games, which suggests that the trend has continued.

Sorry, needs to move on : speed and believing your own publicity does not make you a good player.

15 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

He good player masion bennet player that needs moving on nick blackman.

Don't you like nick blackman?

36 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

He good player masion bennet player that needs moving on nick blackman.

It's ok saying the same thing over and over again but that doesn't necessarily make it right.

At least try and back up what you're saying.

What has Bennett done that makes him so good and more worthy of a chance than Blackman?

Not saying you're wrong, just interested how you reach your conclusion.

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Masion bennet offer power and pace and knows how to beat a player and shows passion playing for derby. Were nick blackman does not and just cant hit a barn door.

Actually, when I am looking from your perspective through rose-colored glasses, he reminds me a bit of Lionel Messi. But only for a slight millisecond. Lol

18 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Masion bennet offer power and pace and knows how to beat a player and shows passion playing for derby. Were nick blackman does not and just cant hit a barn door.

Ok they are both valid reasons for your ideas.

Power and pace are attributes that GR seems to value, so if he is showing these in training maybe he will get his chance.

The only time I ever really remember seeing this was against Chelsea where he gave Cole the run around.

As for Blackman not being able to hit a barn door, somebody has already pointed out that Bennett has only hit it twice more than him...

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

He did alright with Reading and showed he's more than capable enough of 'hitting a barn door' at this level given a run of games in a system that suits his game.

He's been hampered by injuries, in and out of a team when near about everyone was out of form, and has been here under 5 different managers in little over 2 years since he signed.

Someone else mentioned Dean Sturridge on here & think there's a few parallels with Mason at this point in his career.

Like Mason, Sturridge was a quick, bulky striker who had made little impact at Derby by his early twenties (22 at the start of the 1995-96 promotion season) having joined at 18. Partially that may have been because of the quality of Kitson, Johnson & Gabbiadini in front of him throughout the early 90s but under Jim Smith, Sturridge found his feet & then looked unstoppable over the next few years with us.

The only difference may be that Mason hasn't yet had a successful loan spell comparable to Sturridge at Torquay but some players are not naturally suited to loan spells - i.e. if they thrive in a stable environment & playing alongside familiar faces rather than getting game time anywhere. Harry Kane was pretty woeful at Leicester for instance.

I hope Mason gets plenty of game time this year & preferably a run in the side at some point - would be galling to release him without seeing what he can do, only for him to return to Championship level as a highly rated goalscorer elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

He did alright with Reading and showed he's more than capable enough of 'hitting a barn door' at this level given a run of games in a system that suits his game.

He's been hampered by injuries, in and out of a team when near about everyone was out of form, and has been here under 5 different managers in little over 2 years since he signed.

Let's not take a blip out of context, he scored 18 goals in over 100 games for Reading....that is an awful return and even worse if you look that most of them came in a purple patch. 

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

It's really not that awful for a winger...

It really is that awful. He has played most of his career as a striker in the lower levels of football (that low that he even went to Jockland for a while) and still only managed 50 odd goals in 10 years..!! 

Archived