Bloated Squad

Dannyboz1884

This is my first Topic I have made so be gentle with me :D. I know there is a few people who have done bloated squad threads but I hope mine is a little different. I know not everyone will agree but remember I am basing this on if we sign two more players whoever that be. Right lets say we sign two more players, attacking players at that. Lets say the two players we buy are Lawrence and Toral for example!!!!!!!!
The formation below maybe something like what you would expect.

Carson

(Wisdom)  Keogh   (Davies)   Forsyth

(Hudds)    Johnson

Russell     (Toral)    (Lawrence)

Martin

If we now think about the players missing from that line up, you will see it's a lot, bench players and fringe players.

Possible Bench players
Roos/Mitchell - Depending on whether Mitchell is loaned for first team experience or not. 
Baird - Experience and can play in a number of positions to cover injuries
Shackell - Will be happy to sit on the bench at 33 to cover after a very long injury. Could also swap with Pearce (see Fringe players for alternative)
Thorne - If he comes back from injury soon like they say he will jsut rotate him after his long absence and Tom's arrival :D
Butterfield - Will rotate a lot this season
Weimann - Busy Rowett type of player
Vydra - Will get more chances maybe Bent is now injured
Nugent - Obvious really as he's our only other striker and Rowett again will like his work rate like Weimann

We have got to start getting a few out the door soon whether it be loan or permanent we are far too bloated. 

Fringe players
Pearce - I think Shackell will be happy to sit on the bench at 33 and be cover but I don't think Pearce will want another season at Derby like that
              and for me he will be behind Keogh and Davies. You could also look at it as Shackell is 33 and will want game time and Pearce is a really nice guy who I don't think would kick up a fuss about be back up. Sell
Lowe - U23's and rotate with Fozzy
Olsson - Fozzy is first choice and I would have Lowe as back up like stated above. At a push we could bench McDonald. Could make a bit of                         money off Olsson. Sell
Hanson - Not really good enough yet for me maybe a loan would do him good. Loan/Sell
Elsnik - U23's
Bryson - Not really been impressed in the friendlies even though I love the guy :(. Sell
Anya- Hnady player to keep as he plays many positions but doesn't make my team or bench :ermm: so maybe look to sell?
Bennett - Has looked good in Pre Season but I think Rowett will like Weimann and now Bent is injured maybe he will give Vydra more chances. If                     we don't sign two attacking players then he will definitely be involved this season.
Blackman - Not really seen much of him but he's always injured and I don't think he's as good as what we already have. Sell

Who do you guys think we will sign and who will go?

Cheers for reading my long post Danny B X

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Who will sign? - 1 decent attacking player (Lawrence)

Who do I want to go? - Roos, Shackell, Olsson, Anya, Bent, Blackman - leaves a squad of 23 inc (Lawrence), Hanson, Lowe & Elsnik

Who will go? - Roos, Blackman

Oops missed a few words out sorry. Lowe and Elsnik to be sold ?

22 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Who will sign? - 1 decent attacking player (Lawrence)

Who do I want to go? - Roos, Shackell, Olsson, Anya, Bent, Blackman - leaves a squad of 23 inc (Lawrence), Hanson, Lowe & Elsnik

Who will go? - Roos, Blackman

Roos is probably just kept around in case Carson/Mitchell takes a serious injury. Always need a 3rd keeper on the books in case and I doubt he'll be on any big wages. 

As Bent has a long term injury I suspect he will have his wages paid for by the player insurance, essentially he can be counted as gone therefore

Shackell and Blackman I can't see going while they have injuries, will probably get a loan if they get themselves together for pre-season. Similarly with Olsson, depending on whether Lowe can prove his fitness to become 2nd choice. 

Just leaves Anya, who I can't see going unless we sign a couple of wingers at least, if the plan is to always play with 2 wingers or 3 behind the striker this season GR will probably want 4/5 solid attackers as well as Martin/Nugent this season 

Contracts for Baird,Bent and Pearce expire next June so we'll have to put up with them for another year.I can see Roos leaving but we may have to pay off Blackman to go( that'd be expensive methinks!) I keep reading we're ok at left back but Fozzy is back after a long lay off,Olsson is a weakness in my eyes and Lowe is forever injured! I think we'll loan out Bennett and Hanson and progress Elsnik and McDonald.It all takes time and we just need a little patience.

23 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Contracts for Baird,Bent and Pearce expire next June so we'll have to put up with them for another year.I can see Roos leaving but we may have to pay off Blackman to go( that'd be expensive methinks!) I keep reading we're ok at left back but Fozzy is back after a long lay off,Olsson is a weakness in my eyes and Lowe is forever injured! I think we'll loan out Bennett and Hanson and progress Elsnik and McDonald.It all takes time and we just need a little patience.

"Put up with" is a bit harsh especially in the case of Baird. One of our better players last season. 

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

"Put up with" is a bit harsh especially in the case of Baird. One of our better players last season. 

I agree on Baird.I may have been one of the few who wasn't moaning about him last year! Happy to see him here as cover for one more season.

1 minute ago, rcarso1 said:

I agree on Baird.I may have been one of the few who wasn't moaning about him last year! Happy to see him here as cover for one more season.

I think the moaners were very much in the minority especially as the season progressed. 

Thorne, Forsyth and Russell into the last year of their contracts too this season.  Hope all can push on and earn new deals, but expect Russell to go for a cut price by January and I do fear for George. 

The bloated squad will be probably be largely sorted out in 2019 when a lot of contracts run out, older players and squad players let go and decisions to be taken on big earners.

4 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Roos is probably just kept around in case Carson/Mitchell takes a serious injury. Always need a 3rd keeper on the books in case and I doubt he'll be on any big wages. 

As Bent has a long term injury I suspect he will have his wages paid for by the player insurance, essentially he can be counted as gone therefore

Shackell and Blackman I can't see going while they have injuries, will probably get a loan if they get themselves together for pre-season. Similarly with Olsson, depending on whether Lowe can prove his fitness to become 2nd choice. 

Just leaves Anya, who I can't see going unless we sign a couple of wingers at least, if the plan is to always play with 2 wingers or 3 behind the striker this season GR will probably want 4/5 solid attackers as well as Martin/Nugent this season 

I would like to see Mitchell go out on loan and get some experience or he will play about 3 cup games this season which isn't going to help. Then stick Roos on the bench. I know he's not as good as Mitchell but hopefully Carson won't get injured.

Yeah I agree but I didn't even include him in my list of players so when he returns at Xmas that will be an extra player :ermm:

I personally think Shackell will stay. Blackman on the other hand I think will get a really late move towards the end of the transfer window. I like Lowe but his body is made of blancmange :lol:. I'm not a huge fane of Olsson so I would be happy with Fozzy and Lowe.

I think Anya will stay but I still can't find a place on the bench for him if we bring in a winger and keep the current lot. 

Archived