The 2017/18 Academy Thread

Carl Sagan

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Still looks a bit too naïve, needs another season or two in the U23s.

Lol ... whatever man. Do you really support DCFC?  I'm happy we have one of the most lethal and beastly battering ram of a forward. He literally ripped those defenders to bits. Great to see after his knee injury last season. And he got ball skills too. His time is coming baby .... SOON VERY SOON. Just be glad he's on OUR team!

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Ninos said:

Lol ... whatever man. Do you really support DCFC?  I'm happy we have one of the most lethal and beastly battering ram of a forward. He literally ripped those defenders to bits. Great to see after his knee injury last season. And he got ball skills too. His time is coming baby .... SOON VERY SOON. Just be glad he's on OUR team!

That's barbaric, I hope there was no children watching! 

9 hours ago, Ninos said:

Did you actually WATCH his play? He's playing against youngsters most of the time and looks inexperienced even then. Soon might be next season.

Just to offer a more middling point of view, I think Zanzala was excellent the season the under 23s were promoted and at that time I was thinking that he was very close to a first team breakthrough.

Unfortunately for him he then spent the vast majority of last season out injured.

This season he hasn't yet shown quite the level of all round performance he did two years ago BUT it is early days in his rehabilitation and he is playing against much better defenders than before.

What I do like about him is that even so, he never gives up and is still scoring goals. When it all clicks again for him I think he will be very good.

15 hours ago, Ninos said:

Pot, meet kettle.

18 minutes ago, angieram said:

I would have liked to see some of last night's crisp, quick forward play at Pride Park this afternoon! 

I can honestly say I've enjoyed every one of the u23s games this season, with the 1st half v Everton being the only exception.

Watched the under 9s at weekend. My mates lad is at Everton & they were playing deeby

Was good to see we're starting them young imatating how the first team play

Everton 11 Derby 3 

only joking theyre all 8 year olds & Was some very good quality on show & it was 3-3 for the first two quarters until they let 8 in without reply.

it was however an eye opener how good some of them were on both sides, the passing, keeping shape & ability for their age was fantastic 

22 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Everton 11 Derby 3 

only joking theyre all 8 year olds & Was some very good quality on show & it was 3-3 for the first two quarters until they let 8 in without reply.

Was Keogh's lad playing? :ph34r: :lol:

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

Watched the under 9s at weekend. My mates lad is at Everton & they were playing deeby

Everton 11 Derby 3 

it was however an eye opener how good some of them were on both sides, the passing, keeping shape & ability for their age was fantastic 

Some of the quality of 8,9,10 year olds astonishes me when you put into context a grown proffesional footballer on £xxk a week can't even pass it 10 yards!

32 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Some of the quality of 8,9,10 year olds astonishes me when you put into context a grown proffesional footballer on £xxk a week can't even pass it 10 yards!

They're really good not afraid to have a go & play some good passing stuff

Don't know about our lot but know them lot train three nights a week on weekdays, yoga on a saturday & match on a sun. They film everygame & log how wach player has done every game. The parents & coaches can then log in online to watch clips back. The set up is unreal for that age. 

Anyone know if we're aiming to screen tmw's (1pm) U23 cup game? I'd guess the answer's 'no',possibly because a lot of fans will be at work (not that it'd stop some:D).

Personally,I can't get enough of these U23 games -started looking forward to them more than the first team's games.

5 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Anyone know if we're aiming to screen tmw's (1pm) U23 cup game? I'd guess the answer's 'no',possibly because a lot of fans will be at work (not that it'd stop some:D).

Personally,I can't get enough of these U23 games -started looking forward to them more than the first team's games.

Sort of implies not on the website as it talks about showing highlights and stuff later in the day. And yes I look forward to them more than the 1st team atm.

HOW CAN I FOLLOW THE ACTION?

Rams supporters not attending Friday afternoon’s fixture will be able to keep up to date with the game’s key moments across our social media channels, whilst highlights and extended highlights will be available later in this evening across dcfc.co.uk and RamsTV.

8 hours ago, smiths_tavrn said:

At the start of the season we had 23 players as part of the under 18 squad and the official DCFC site showed as such. Now there are 22 players listed. Who is missing? 

Maybe somebody who's moved up to under 23's such as Max Bird?

Archived